Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 5th, 2010 15:00

Where can i get training for EMC 20-001 - ISM certification in Bangalore?

Hi Friends,

Can anyone guide me where i can get training for EMC 20-001 - ISM certification in Bangalore?

Any information or feedback will be highly appriciated.

Thanks in advance,

Arjunan K

16 Posts

June 21st, 2010 07:00

Hi Gaurav,

Thank u for the valuable informations!

NIIT Jayanagar & Residency Road centres are conducting only the FIRST module of the ISM course.

There are three modules in ISM course. I can appear for the ISM certification only if i complete all

the three modules and it will be incomplete to study the first module alone in NIIT.

There are three more of my friends are looking for the ISM course.

Could you kindly guide me the best way to complete the Course.

Thanks,

Arjunan k

June 22nd, 2010 01:00

Hi Arjunan,

If you enroll at an NIIT centre they will offer you the complete ISM program. In this mail you are mentioning about 3 modules. I think you are getting confused with the 3 programs on offer by NIIT in India. For your reference, below are the 3 programs on offer by NIIT:

1. Information Storage & Management (ISM).

2. Storage Networking Design & Management (SDM).

3. Information Availability Design & Management (IDM).

I agree that that the second & third modules may not be available at all the NIIT centres as only few selected centres across India are offering these programs.

I hope I have been able to resolve your query. I again suggest, you visit the said NIIT centres and enroll for the complete ISM program. Let me know, if you face any problems at the NIIT centres in Bangalore. I will try to resolve the issues.

Regards,

Gaurav

2 Posts

December 23rd, 2010 07:00

Hi Gaurav

Going by your update, i called up NIIT toll free number to get update on the locations of NIIT in bangalore who are providing training for ISM, but they said there is no NIIT branch in India who is providing the course as of now, she said they were providing the course before for 52 hours but not now.Is there any other EMC authorized institute in bangalore who provide training for ISM?

My Contact number is  09945215633, and email is apasha27@gmail.com

4 Posts

December 30th, 2010 23:00

Hi,

I really dont think you require a class room training for ISM as its purely theory subject. Please study all the four modules thoroughly and you can pass the exam, later you can get into any specialization like SAN, NAS, BACKUP etc

Thanks

Prasad

2 Posts

December 31st, 2010 01:00

Thanks for the suggestion Prasad, will surely study. One last question,

which is the right book to study for ISM exam and where can i buy the book

from?

Regards

Asif

546 Posts

December 31st, 2010 06:00

This thread gives a great synopsis of all the ways to study for the ISM exam. How you study is up to you - so think about where you are in your journey. If you have had some training, and hands-on experience, you may need less help preparing. If you are brand new to the industry, you may need much more help.

September 26th, 2011 12:00

Hi Gaurav,

I checked with NIIT  bangalore - jayanagar branch, they do not conduct any classes for EMC as of now? Is there any other centers ,do emc company in bangalore provide any coaching?

408 Posts

September 27th, 2011 11:00

Hello  Vignesh –

Unfortunately there aren’t any Instrutor-Led courses currently being offered in India.  There are other options available to you though, including eLearning materials.  This link provides greater detail regarding these course materials.  The EMC Proven Professional Starter Kit provides Video Instructor-Led (VILT) training and a voucher for taking the exam at a savings of 72% - a great value!

When you pass the ISM exam and become certified, you also gain access to the Proven Only community in this portal.

Did you check out the thread Gina referred to in the above post?  There’s lots of great information here.

Best of luck to you!  Let us know how you do!

Kind regards,
Debi

86 Posts

September 28th, 2011 10:00

Hello,

EMC offers training courses in India through a company called Koenig.  You can contact Pawan Sinha at pawan.sinha@emc.com for further information about the classes.

Kind regards,
Jill

No Events found!