cheesehead77
1 Copper

1709 breaking wifi connections on e5570/5550/5440 - refusing to remember password

Not sure if anybody can help.

We've just carried out a side wide upgrade to 1709.  Our laptops have the Intel AC8260 wifi chipset in them.  None of them will now keep hold of the network wifi password.  You can put the password in, and it connects, then will either disconnect, or after a reboot forget the password.

I've tried all the usual such as uninstalling the device from device manager, removing the wifi folder from programdata folder, updating to the latest intel 20.40 drivers but still no joy.  I've also tried disabling the microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter.  Still no dice.

Anybody have any ideas?  Everything was working fine on the previous 1607 install.  This is happening on pc's that have been upgraded, and also freshly imaged machine with the 1709 image.

We do have a gpo that blocks certain networks and specifies our staff network, but I've disabled this and still having the same issue.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Delta07D
1 Copper

Re: 1709 breaking wifi connections on e5570/5550/5440 - refusing to remember password

0 Kudos