Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

October 6th, 2017 08:00

5480 USB NIC PXE Imaging Slow to load

We are using 5480 laptops connected to the USB C docks. When we image them using UEFI USB NIC ipv4 PXE imaging it is VERY slow to load the WinPE environment. If we plug the network cable directly into the 5480 when not connected to the dock it loads significantly faster. Any ideas on if this is expected behavior or to improve imaging times?

• 

298 Posts

October 6th, 2017 09:00

Justin,

Are you booting the ImageAssist USB key and then browsing to a location on the network for your image / drivers?

Tyler

5 Posts

October 6th, 2017 10:00

Hello Tyler,

We are not using ImageAssist. Normal SCCM/PXE imaging. Thanks!

• 

298 Posts

October 6th, 2017 11:00

Justin,

I'm going to move your thread to the Enterprise Client forum where there are many SCCM users and will likely get a better response. You originally posted this to the IamgeAssist forum.

Thank you,

Tyler

1 Message

October 20th, 2017 07:00

I have excatly the same problem. 

Using SCCM with Latitude 5285 using PXE mode with USB-C DA200 and it is very very slow to load image.

Normaly with ethernet port it is not so slow. 

Problem with PXE Boot on USB-C ?

Jean-Christophe

5 Posts

October 20th, 2017 08:00

I have not engaged Dell yet on the issue. I was trying to search online for a solution. Definitely seems like a PXE issue with USB C. I am going to update drivers and reimage to see if that helps. Thanks.

5 Posts

October 23rd, 2017 08:00

I update updated drivers and still have the issue of slow imaging while connected to the WD15 dock with USB C. 

No Events found!