Highlighted
Updequest
1 Nickel

Bios Upgrade Script with new Bios's

We just recieved the new E6410s and M4500s and they use a new bios that includes required patches before applying new Bios's. How do you plan to handle this in your script? ex. P01 is required before applying A02.

I am using this script in my OSD task sequence and it works great, but with the new bios, it looks like two reboots to update the BIOS will be required. I am not thrilled about that.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jboehlke
1 Nickel

RE: Bios Upgrade Script with new Bios's

Had the same thought/question. After working with the new e6410/E6510 I wanted to see if there was a way to automate the BIOS updates during OSD deployment with SCCM
0 Kudos
Updequest
1 Nickel

RE: Bios Upgrade Script with new Bios's

"Had the same thought/question. After working with the new e6410/E6510 I wanted to see if there was a way to automate the BIOS updates during OSD deployment with SCCM"
This script works great, but I am just confused how to do it with the patches being required first. I guess I could run it twice. The first time always applying the patch and somehow marking the pc that it is done, via file or registry key, then rebooting and running it again checking for the installed patch and installing the update.
0 Kudos