Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 17th, 2016 10:00

DELL Command | Configure - Unexpected Error - Optiplex 760

I am having a hard time troubleshooting a problem with DELL Command | Configure and an Optiplex 760.

DELL Command | Configure v3.1.0 doesn't start.

DELL Command | Configure v3.0.1 does start, but with the following error message:

Unexpected Error at System.Xml: invalid character line 37, position 56.

The Dell Client Configuration Toolkit (CCTK) Known Issues state "Ensure that BIOS options like asset and propowntag values do not contain non-printable characters."

I set the propowntag and the asset values to blank, but I still receive the error message, and I can't create a package for the local system.

I would really appreciate some assistance in the resolution of this problem.

Thank you.

February 17th, 2016 21:00

Hi Nhorizon.Tech,

Please check on below items and try again to open GUI in admin privileges.

1. Ensure you have the latest Bios in your Machine. A16 is latest available in support site.
2. Ensure the prerequisites for DCC GUI.
    Microsoft .NET 4.0 ( NOTE: For Windows Vista or later operating systems, make sure that the     Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 option is selected in the Turn Windows features on or off screen, for the Dell Command | Configure GUI to function successfully ) .
3. Set some random string values for asset and propowntag instead of having them blank. ( Load the BIOS to defaults before making this change )

If you still face issues with the GUI please give a try with CCTK 2.2.1 and also kindly share us the information on OS, OS architecture and BIOS Version of your machine.

Thanks,

Karthik.C

February 18th, 2016 10:00

Hi Karthik C

I tried the above suggestion's, what worked was setting some random string values for asset and propowntag.

The problem was encountered on OptiPlex 760 with bios A16. On Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I was able to duplicate the problem on multiple other OptiPlex 760 with different Bios versions.

Thank you.

February 19th, 2016 07:00

I was able to create a package for the OptiPlex 760, but if a password is set in the bios, most of the commands will result in error. In the bios there is a configure password, and I set the same configure password in the package. I was able to create package for my OptiPlex 780, 790, 7010, 3020. But these 760 are causing me problems.

No Events found!