Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

V

June 24th, 2015 01:00

Dell Driver Pack for SCCM

Hello,

Few Queries regarding DCIP :

1) Is it supported for SCCM 2012 R2 version, as the latest I have found is that it's for SCCM 2012 SP1 at most.

2) The WinPE CAB files available at http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/w/wiki/5029.winpe-5-0-driver-cab. Does it contains the drivers (Network and Storage) for all Dell client models, i.e. Latitude, Precision etc.

3) Once the drivers CAB file is imported from the SCCM console and integrated with the boot images. Now, when there are updates released by Dell to the drivers, would they be downloaded and applied to the boot images OR, we follow the same process, i.e. import the updated CAB file from Dell to SCCM and integrate it again. If not, Could you please brief the process.

Thanks

July 7th, 2015 03:00

Hi vikrammidha3, please find answers to your queries below...

1) Latest version of DCIP supports SCCM 2012 R2.

2) Win PE cabs contain a subset of drivers. These drivers cater to most devices out there (network/storage etc). We constantly update the drivers and provide newer release of the cabs, including drivers applicable to latest devices available in the latest models we offer. We also release newer versions of cabs when we have fixes for defective drivers.

3) The latest cab has to re-imported to SCCM. The boot images have to be injected with the newer drivers available in the cab via DCIP or SCCM user interface or DISM as applicable.

Hope that answers all your queries.. Thank you for choosing Dell.

-Sreejith.

July 7th, 2015 04:00

We provide two kinds of cabs. One is the Win PE driver cab and the other is System cab. Win PE cab has only those drivers that are very essential to support Win PE. Mostly storage and network. Once your Win PE starts loading task sequences and interface with the SCCM server, it will push the platform specific drivers. These drivers aren't made as part of the Win PE. You will have to use one of our system cabs that are available in the pages per platform. There is also an FAQ that we update with issues that we face with drivers, that we pack into our cabs. On the right frame there is a table of contents and you have all information about the cabs and their usage. Even the cabs can be downloaded on the per platform page.

en.community.dell.com/.../8031.dell-command-deploy-faq

-Sreejith.

July 7th, 2015 04:00

Thanks Sreejith,

It means when I would import a single combined WinPE package, lets say "WinPE 5.0 Driver CAB".  This will make available all the drivers under SCCM from where I could choose and integrate with the boot images? 

When I integrate the boot images, does the specific drivers gets downloaded to the server as whenever there is a new CAB release, i would have to re-import the CAB file, would my earlier drivers be secure with the already integrated boot images ?

Just to make sure it supports all Dell models like Inspiron, Latitude, i.e any model version like Latitude E5440 etc. ?

July 13th, 2015 08:00

Dear Sreejith,

Thanks for the explanation, what I was not clear is. Once I import the CAB file and integrate the appropriate drivers with Boot images.

Now, once I integrate the boot images, does the specific drivers gets downloaded and stored in package on the local server. Whenever there is a new CAB release, i would have to re-import the CAB file, would my earlier drivers be secure with the already integrated boot images or they have to removed and these newer drivers have to be integrated.

July 14th, 2015 22:00

Also, just to clear out.

on this webpage http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/w/wiki/2065.dell-driver-cab-files-for-enterprise-client-os-deployment#WinPE 

I have a Dell model E5550 for which I need the drivers but it says as the version A04 and I could not find this particular version anywhere to be downloaded as a WinPE CAB file,

Where could I get this ?

No Events found!