Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 6th, 2016 10:00

Dell Latitude E5470 Network Driver for PXE Boot

Hello,

hope anyone can help me out. I looking for the right Driver to inject over DISM to my Windows 10 Boot Image on my WDS Server.

I add the Drivers from the E5470 CAB file, Intel original ones and more but no success.

As well i add the latest PXE Set of Drivers from the Enterprise Side!

All Help welcome, i get always the DHCP error with no IP from the Server.

Best regards

Andreas

2 Posts

April 29th, 2016 09:00

A solution work for me :

Go download this :

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283/Intel-Ethernet-Adapters-Connections-CD

Add driver in the folder \PRO1000\Winx64\NDIS65 (NDIS65 for Windows 10) (NDIS64 for Windows 8.1)

And to finish, integrate drivers into your image disque ( with MDT for me ) 

1 Message

April 13th, 2016 15:00

I'm having the same issues. I have tried every driver available from Intel and Dell for this hardware. I was told the E1d65x64 is the correct driver for this model and Win10, but this has not been a solution for me. I have windows 7 deploying without issue, using the winpe 3.0 drivers. This has been an issue for three weeks and the only answer I can get from Dell is "This works in our environment" and  "SCCM needs a Hotfix", even though I'm not even using SCCM.

Guess we're on this on this one...

April 14th, 2016 02:00

I get more info in this.

Slowly it looks a Problem between Bios PXE Boot and the Communication to the Network Card.

The only Driver always on this series load by boot up are the kdnic. I can manually load the E1d65x64 Driver to get an IP then from the Network after i make a renew. But this does not help really.

driver is working, network is working but the NIC cannot give the right identifier over pxe boot to the Software to recognize the right for load and go on.

April 18th, 2016 08:00

getting the same issue as well, have tried all the known drivers but not getting an IP address.

This looks similar to the issue we had with the E5440 and E5450 it where by the dell drivers didn't work at all and I had to import the intel drivers for the NIC.

however can't find any intel drivers this time!

April 19th, 2016 09:00

Found a potential fix, download these drivers from intel https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10

run setup, and find the files in the temp folder.

I found that the Winx64\NDIS64\e1d64x64.inf was the one that worked (got an ip address when loading the driver via F8)

Have added it to the WinPE 10 boot image and can now get as far as being able to start the task sequence, haven't had chance to run through the task sequence so will update tomorrow on progress.

April 20th, 2016 01:00

Tested it right now, was the same as it is on the 20.7.1 Driver CD for download.

Same issue no changes, driver can get not load on a Win10 Image by an Windows 2012 R2 WDS .

Anyone from Dell a good Idea?

2 Posts

April 29th, 2016 08:00

Hello,

I have the same problem with only this E5470 

I boot on the PXE but no access to the folder ShareDeployment : I haven't network !

I had add this CAB in my WDS , no success :(

en.community.dell.com/.../11789.latitude-e5470-windows-10-driver-pack

1 Message

June 10th, 2016 06:00

Thanks Phildela,

This solution worked!

I used the NDIS63 drivers to import into the win8 boot image...
And network connection became available.

greetings

14 Posts

December 5th, 2016 13:00

We applied this when we first got our E5470s and it worked, but we just recently got a new batch and have started to see this issue again but adding the latest network drivers doesn't seem to work. Our older E5470s still work.

Any one else see this and have a fix or work around?

Thanks!

February 3rd, 2017 14:00

So we have a ton of different dell model laptops and hp laptops.  We are using Microsoft Deployment Services, Deployment Toolkit. I have injected every *** driver I could find on dells site related in anyway to this model laptop (E5470) and none have fixed the issue.  We get to the point in PXE boot where you would normally enter your credentials for the deployment share but on this model it comes up with an error instead saying the following:  "A connection to the deployment share (the actual path to our share which is right) could not be made. Connection ok, Possible cause: invalid credentials."

Okay so we haven't even entered credential info yet, it fails before it lets us enter them.  it is "ONLY" this model that fails. ALL OF MY OTHER LAPTOPS PASS with no problems. I can image the others and capture them and everything else.  This model no good. nothing...

February 3rd, 2017 15:00

just got off the phone with support.  first response was we don't support anything other than dell oem or dell imaging tools.  I told them what imaging tools would that be since you guys just sold the KACE and it looks like they might be going away for good.  Then after explaining it a bit more i was sent a link on how to install from usb while slipstreaming the drivers into the package.  Just wonderful.. here's a thought, use drivers that just work...!  So tired of this ***. 

In any event I injected every stinking driver i could get my hands on and still can't get deployment toolkit to image these stupid craptops. 

I'm trying to update WDT to see if maybe its a problem with the version we were using. I'll update once that completes. We were running WDT 2013 update 1... the latest version is 8443.  Hopefully this fixes it otherwise we'll be sending these back to dell.

February 6th, 2017 11:00

Still not working.  Not sure what in the heck is wrong. 

No Events found!