Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 5th, 2016 07:00

Dell Latitude E5570 Network Driver issue with MDT

We have just received a batch of Dell Latitude E5570 laptops. I want to install an image on them, using MDT. I have downloaded the CAB file for Windows 7, A02 03/08/16. Added this to the out of box drivers on MDT as normal, then updated the deployment share.

When trying to run the install, I get a wizard error. Connection to the deployment share could not be made. The following network device has not been installed, PCIVEN_8086&DEV_156F&SUBSYS_06DF1028&REV_21

I then tried downloading the drivers from the network card from the Intel website and importing them. This time I can get to the task sequence list. The first part of the install goes fine. When it comes to finalise the install I get the same wizard error on the network device.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received 

9 Posts

April 15th, 2016 01:00

I have finally got mine working. Drivers is still have to use a combination of the Dell Cab driver and the Intel Driver. Whether version 3 of the CAB driver which has just been released will solve the issue?

I would try importing the driver directly from intel first along with the cab file and see if that works. This is the link I used: downloadcenter.intel.com/.../Intel-Ethernet-Adapters-Connections-CD

In the end I think my issue was due to the SSD and the fact I was trying to run Win 7 x86.

After reading a couple of different forums, it seemed new SSD require UEFi boot to run, which isn't supported in Win 7 x86. I tried an image with Win 7 x64 and it worked first time.

April 14th, 2016 09:00

Hi,

My experience is quite similar to yours only my error messages seem to differ. I believe the issues has to do with the network driver.

Our company has also received a batch of E5570 laptops. We too downloaded the CAB file for Windows 7, added to MDT and updated deployment share. Of course, we made sure to replace the MDT boot image in WDS. I mention this since this seems to be a common step people tend to forget.

Here's my error message when booting to MDT:

A connection the the deployment share (\\SERVER\SHARE$) could not be made. Connection OK. Possible cause: invalid credentials.

I exit out and check the Results.xml in %windir%\temp\ and can verify that it is certainly network related:

3 0 NEWCOMPUTER FAILURE (5210): ValidateDeployRootWithRecovery:Cancel</EM></SPAN></P> <P style="margin-left:30px;"><SPAN style="font-size:75%;"><EM>No networking adapters found, The network drivers for your device are not present</EM></SPAN></P> <P style="margin-left:30px;"><SPAN style="font-size:75%;"><EM>Unable to connect to the deployment share \\SERVER\SHARE$. </EM></SPAN></P> <P style="margin-left:30px;"><SPAN style="font-size:75%;"><EM>Connection OK. Possible cause: invalid credentials.

I've installed the network drivers from the W7 .cab file as well as tried all of the .inf networks drivers on the Dell support drivers webpage for E5570; nothing appears to be working. What's curious is that I have no issues with E6540, E5540, M6600-6800, and Optiplex 3020's. After doing an ipconfig I was able to verify that the E5570 is indeed NOT retrieving an IP address.

Any help is appreciated.

No Events found!