Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 3rd, 2011 11:00

During Dell Server Driver Package Import (1/2 way through)- Error

Hi.
I have installed the Dell Server Driver Package Import tool (Dell Server Deployment Pack (DSDP) ( http://www.delltechcenter.com/page/Dell+Deployment+Pack+Installation+Instructions)

When I right click on driver package in SCCM console and choose to Import Dell Poweredge driver Package, I can select the model of server that I would like to import. (see example on this page http://www.delltechcenter.com/page/Using+the+Dell+Deployment+Pack+for+ConfigMgr)

However, half way through the import, the dialog screen show "an error has occured" but no description of the exact error. The only choice is to choose Close. It appears that only some of the drivers are getting imported related to a server (in this case M710 2003 64 bit).

I see that there is a log file called _installer.log that shows the import process. There is an error logged here... but I have no idea what it means. Does anyone know what this means?

: Importing a driver (INF) via : e1p62x64.Inf
3/3/2011 1:50:42 PM :: Path to file: \\MYSCCMSITESERVER\SMS_XXX\OSD\Lib\Drivers\Dell\PowerEdge\OM6.4.0\r284180\default\
3/3/2011 1:50:43 PM :: Import Driver returned a null value!
3/3/2011 1:50:43 PM :: ProcessDriver returned an error. Cannot continue.
3/3/2011 1:50:43 PM :: Return value from the thread: Error
3/3/2011 1:50:43 PM :: Now handling the worker completed event

180 Posts

March 25th, 2011 12:00

Hi jpoandl,

Sorry to see that you're running into this issue. I'm not familiar with that error so I've reached out to PG engineering to get their feedback. They will either post directly to this thread or send an update my way & I'll post for them.

Regards,

KongY@Dell

10 Posts

February 25th, 2013 10:00

What is the version of DSDP you are using?

what is DTK version and what is SCCM version?

Please post following log to analyze further DellDriverImport.log and DellDriverImportDebug.log, you can find these logs in following location \XmlStorage\Extensions\bin\Deployment\Dell\PowerEdge

for example following path on our environment:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\XmlStorage\Extensions\bin\Deployment\Dell\PowerEdge

No Events found!