Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2015 01:00

E7450 MDT/WDS build, NIC driver issue

Hi,

I just receive 2 new Dell E7450, was trying to build from MDT/WDS via PXE boot. And found out it has issue with the Intel NIC driver. I tried everything from the other post:

en.community.dell.com/.../19622333

www.dell.com/.../en

But still getting the same Wizard Error:

A connection to the deployment share (xxxx) could not be made.

The following networking device did not have a driver installed.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15A2&SUBSYS_062E1028&REV_03

From the imported driver (Version A05) on MDT's WinPE5.1 package, I can see PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15A2&SUBSYS_062E1028 in "Intel Net E1D64x64.inf"

So I followed the Knowledge Base, import A05 CAB to WinPE 5.1, update the deployment share, and replace the image in WDS and restart WDS.

And I am still seeing the same error.

Any solution?

Thanks!

3 Posts

September 15th, 2015 02:00

Hello,

I have had exactly the same problem with MDT/WDS and E5550 notebook.

This is the NIC x86 driver which is missing in your MDT.

Find it in the Intel web site, decompress and install it in your MDT, update, recreate an new starting image, and that's it!

Regards,

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25242/Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-7-

September 23rd, 2015 04:00

Right I seem to have a similar problem to people using MDT/WDS deploying W10 to E5550 which uses the 'Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I218-LM' NIC

I have downloaded the drivers from Dell and also tried using the latest drivers from Intel and extracting the x64 from the NDIS63 Folder from the attached. Recreating the Boot Images each time before booting.

It PXE Boots to the Deployment downloads the WIM file the returns with a BSOD after displaying the MD Wallpaper for a few seconds.

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (NDIS.SYS)

As it reboots straight away there is no Minidumps to intercept to get anymore information on this, installing windows 10 from USB and loading the driver after install works fine and gets an IP Address I just cannot PXE Boot deploy windows.

September 24th, 2015 07:00

managed to resolve this in the end using this driver as part of the WinPE.wim

7 Posts

October 6th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

I am having the same issue.

We have a load of Latitudes E5550 that I am trying to Image using PXE from SCCM. The E5550 PXE boots, and before it can load the task sequence you see the background image and then reboots. Looking at CMD and running ipconfig the laptop has no IP. I have loaded the Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I218-LM driver into the boot image and still no joy.

I have used the latest drivers on Dell’s website which is version 12.12.80.19 and also gone direct to Intel’s website and used their latest driver which is 12.13.17.4 both have been injected into the PXE image and tested but still imaging doesn’t work.

Any help much appreciated

7 Posts

October 7th, 2015 06:00

That would be great, thank you Chris.

This is the driver I used from Intel direct:

downloadcenter.intel.com/.../Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-7-

October 7th, 2015 06:00

So it appears that i had to use one set of Drivers for the I218-LM in the WinPE PXE Boot but then a different driver version for the actual OS Deployment, once i am back in the UK with access to these i will post the links for you to try.

7 Posts

October 7th, 2015 08:00

I really need to PXE boot the E5550.

Reason being in SCCM, I have a standard task sequence from SCCM that I need to run on the E5550. The driver on the E5550 is Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I218-LM, but no matter what I download from Dell or Intel website it’s always I217-LM.

3 Posts

Hello,

more and more problems with this couple MDT/Dell E5550...I found a solution who worked with few days ago:

- download your MDT PC image on the Dell as much as it possible or finalyse your PC manually

- help yourself to find the missing drivers with an utility like "Driver Genius" or similar

- export and save the reals drivers files (*.inf, *.sys) with an utility like Driver Backup!

- inject the saved drivers files in your MDT

Regards,

Ben.

3 Posts

Well,

I do not know what does SCCM in this case, but try this on your laptop:

wmic computersystem get model

Then, compare the result with the path in MDT which must be exactly the same than your model.

Finally, update and build again the boot images (x86 and x64, even if you just use one of both).

Regards,

7 Posts

October 9th, 2015 02:00

We don't use MDT.

We only use SCCM and PXE boot. Injecting the correct drivers into the boot image is not working with the E550 series. Cannot get the Task Sequence to load so we can image the laptop.

1 Message

December 17th, 2015 11:00

Was this ever resolved? I'm running in to an issue with an E7450 using MDT.  I was able to get past the NDIS.SYS error by turning off the wireless NIC from the BIOS.  The MDT process gets to a point where it needs to reboot and then I get a Windows Boot Manager window saying a required file is missing.

File: ifM63x64.sys

This MDT image works on all other Dell models.

February 5th, 2016 10:00

After a LOT of digging around I found this link which fixed it straight away. It even has a nice explanation of what caused it.

Full link: http://www.dell.com/support/article/uk/en/ukdhs1/SLN296860/en?c=uk&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1&l=en

In case the link breaks, here's how i found it:

- Go to dell's support page and search for 'e5550 mdt' - at this time it is the only result returned.

[DELL ARTICLE ID = SLN296860]

Brief summary of the fix:

(Back up the windows boot image .wim file you're using to run MDT)

- Use the latest available Win PE drivers (in my case it was WinPE 5.0) make sure they are available from a selection profile for the windows PE stage. Run 'Update Deployment Share'

- Open Windows Deployments Services right click on the boot image used for MDT and click replace image. Follow the wizard to completion. Restart Windows deployment services

- Try deploying windows to the laptop again.

No Events found!