Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 9th, 2015 04:00

E7450 SCCM Build

Hi All,

Am having some issues trying to build an E7450 from SCCM 2012 via PXE Boot. I've imported the Dell Driver Cab for WinPE 5, and have imported the dell driver cab for the E7450. I've added the network drivers to the x64 boot image but am still having a  problem with it not picking up an IP address. To me this suggests the network drivers are wrong? has anyone got any ideas, or got a solution from when they have built them?

Thanks 

4 Posts

March 30th, 2015 14:00

I was able to get the driver working using the ADK method. Just to make things clear I am still unable to import the driver into SCCM for to work with WinPE. The driver cab does work for Windows 7 tasks.

15 Posts

March 31st, 2015 05:00

Using the CAB drivers fail, we expect due to Dell now creating CAB files to be used with their on version of SCCM ( Dell Command Suite)  We tried using just the Network and Chipset drivers but these alone fail

Downloading individual drivers (not from the CAB) and extracting do work

The only method I see of building a laptop manually is to use a tool to extract drivers (as some extract to just a setup.exe) Get the folder with extract drivers then point SCCM to this instead of an extracted Dell CAB

Thanks Dell!!

March 31st, 2015 06:00

Hi Alex,

Dell doesn't modify drivers to cater to any other tool. The drivers are included, as is, as available from the vendors. Extracting drivers separately doesn't work for most others in the forum. They have already mentioned about that.

The drivers you see in the cab are extracted out of the setup.exe as you have mentioned. 

What is the system model you are using?

What is the version of the cab you are using?

What is the network card model you have in the system?

Let us know the above, it will help us narrow down further.

7 Posts

March 31st, 2015 08:00

I wrote about how I got this to work in my blog:

http://robotrambling.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/e7450-exit-out-when-loading-winpe.html

B
asically just exporting the drivers from intel and then importing them into the WinPE image using DISM

15 Posts

March 31st, 2015 08:00

Model is a Latitude E7450

We attempted to use the Chipset and Network drivers out of this CAB (extracting to a folder then importing them to SCCM)  en.community.dell.com/.../7938.latitude-e74507450-windows-7-driver-pack

They did not work

Individual extracted Chipset and Network drivers from this link do work and run thorough our TS and join the domain as expected

http://www.dell.com/support/home/an/en/andhs1/product-support/servicetag/1ZF1P32/drivers?DCP=DndTag&s=BSD

W
e are now manually downloading and extracting all required drivers, then importing them to SCCM

15 Posts

March 31st, 2015 09:00

We could pickup an IP address when booting into WinPE from SCCM.  The problem just seems to be the CAB drivers.  As I say, exporting the standard ones works fine

15 Posts

March 31st, 2015 10:00

Pardon my sounding a little callous, but that's really not a good excuse. Do these things go through any kind of Q/A process before the hardware is shipped?

5 Posts

March 31st, 2015 16:00

Ok so even after you DISM the drivers into WINPE what do you do during the Apply Driver Package section? I'm able to start the task sequence either using a USB stick or PXE but once the OS takes over the task sequence fails because the NIC does not get properly installed. 

7 Posts

April 1st, 2015 01:00

I then take that same driver, manually import it into SCCM and add it to the driver package 

April 6th, 2015 04:00

To them facing an issue getting an IP address once Win PE gets loaded...

- can you please open a command prompt and run this command

> dir X:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

From the results, scroll up and see if you have these files in the list

Please let us know of this.

April 6th, 2015 04:00

Oops apparently the screenshot i pasted didn't appear in the post.. here let me type the files names..

e1c6...

e1d6...

e1r6..

So basically see if you have a few files starting with e1...

15 Posts

April 7th, 2015 05:00

And to everyone who does manage to PXE boot and get an IP address, how far are you getting when importing the Dell CAB file?

We have spent weeks downloading, importing and testing individual drivers, have had to leave out multiple drivers to not get an error when building and are now left with 2 dirty drivers - but an almost SCCM built 7450!

15 Posts

Hi Sreejith,

Maybe no-one has got as far as importing the CAB drivers?

When including certain Intel & ST Microelectronics drivers we see the following error.

www.danielclasson.com/sccm-osd-issue-kernel-mode-driver-framework
www.danielclasson.com/.../error.jpg

We then removed and added the drivers manually until we got to the driver(s) causing the error

We are now in a position where we have just 2 dirty drivers left - Broadcom NFP and PCI Simple communications controller.

Thanks

Alex_1984,

In all the 3 pages, I see, only you have mentioned about different drivers failing. That includes chipset as I see in one of your threads. Can you help us understand how you determined chipset driver failed.

What is the error you are seeing in chipset case?

Can you also please run the command I have given and provide the results here. That will help us narrow down to the root cause.

I can understand this issue has consumed much of your time, apologize for that and really appreciate your efforts here.

-Sreejith.

April 7th, 2015 06:00

Thanks a lot for the prompt response. So as you have pointed out the KB explains how  you can inject the necessary framework into your OS image. Some of these drivers are built with a framework version that your existing OS doesn't support inbox. So you will have to inject them. This is also stated in our driver cab FAQ. Please refer below link...

en.community.dell.com/.../8031.dell-command-deploy-faq

So I understand you have already fixed the framework related issues. I do not understand the last statement made - left with only Broadcom NFP and PCI... if the framework issues are resolved then you should be able to install the rest from the driver cab. Are you saying there are two more yellow bangs shown in your device manager?

No Events found!