RE: E7450 SCCM Build

Jump to solution

hi umk433,

One change in the command to be executed

After you have injected the driver using drvload can you please run "dir' on the below path

x:\windows\system32\drivers

0 Kudos
RSGRijks
1 Copper

Jump to solution

The pictures in the link are broken. (http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN296860/en) Maybe it is possible to fix it!?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

-RSGRijks

Thanks for the feedback. We've updated the KB article images. If you're still unable to view i suggest testing in another browser >  clearing your cookies / cache > make sure your firewalls or other security software is not set to prevent these PNG images from loading.

Let us know, and if needed i would be happy to email this information to you.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
DMK111
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi All

I am having problems with the OSD build for E7450 as well, via SCCM 2007.

I am using the driver pack CAB (YYP7T).

I have inserted the KMDF into the task sequence but still crashes on me.

Found couple of drivers that is causing me grief.

Managed to fix the first one.

Intel(R) Management Engine Components Installer (x64 chipset - 3TY1R).

Trying to fix the second one, which I have found to be the DPTF drivers.

Has anyone else had trouble with the DPTF drivers in OSD?

Thanks, DM.

0 Kudos
DMK111
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Just wondering if anyone here are having problems with Intel DPTF driver?

Mine fails to install:

Intel Dynamic PLatform and Thermal Framework Manager.

It is for Win7 x64.

Chipset_Driver_66P3R_WN_8.0.10002.14_A00.EXE

This happens during OSD task sequence, and manually as well.

Thanks,

DM

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

hi D_M_K1

Can you please elaborate on what errors you are seeing with DPTF.

Does it present a yellow bang in the device manager after deployment? Does it not fix if you try to manually point to the INF file and try installing the driver through device manager. If yes for both, what is the error code you see in the device manager. Right-click on the driver (yellow-bang) -> Properties and see error code under "General" tab. Please share the same here.

0 Kudos
DMK111
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi Sreejith,

When using SCCM OSD, it basically fails when setting up operating system. I have found that it first fails with the heci.inf driver (3TY1R). Sorted that issue out, by rearranging the files and folders, like how it was setup in the CAB for E7440 driver pack. But I am getting the same failures again, and found that it was by DPTF drivers (66P3R). I excluded DPTF from the build and has completed fine. However, I ended up with two items in device manager with missing drivers (Yellow bang). They are:

If I manually update these two items with the extracted INF drivers, I then get:

I don't get 5 items, as apparently it does in Win8.1 machines. (I am on Win7 x64).

I then tried to run “Chipset_Driver_66P3R_WN_8.0.10002.14_A00.EXE”.

I get the error:

And Device manager ends up like this:

If I try to update the driver via the INF file again with the unknown device, I get this error:

Hence, I think I have an issue with the driver esif_manager.inf, which seems to be the one that is failing to install.

I don't know how to read the INF file, but I am suspecting some files maybe missing from this driver pack.

Looking at esif_manager.inf, I see this section:

[EsifLf_InstallService] ServiceType    = %SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER% StartType      = %SERVICE_DEMAND_START% ErrorControl   = %SERVICE_ERROR_NORMAL% ServiceBinary  = %12%\esif_lf.sys LoadOrderGroup = Base

[WUDFRD_InstallService] DisplayName    = %DisplayName% ServiceType    = %SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER% StartType      = %SERVICE_DEMAND_START% ErrorControl   = %SERVICE_ERROR_NORMAL% ServiceBinary  = %12%\WUDFRd.sys

WUDRFd.sys. I don't see this file in my driver.

Having said all this, I think I have just fixed the problem.

I am posting this anyway, for anyone else who might have this problem.

Looks like WUDFRd.sys is related with UMDF framework. I installed this manually and tried to install the driver pack "Chipset_Driver_66P3R_WN_8.0.10002.14_A00.EXE" again, and all got installed ok this time without error.

I will now try to inject UMDF into the OSD Task Sequence, and hopefully all will go well this time.

DM

0 Kudos
DMK111
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Just to let you all know that installing UMDF into the OSD task sequence has done the trick.

All good now.

DM

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Nice to hear that works. We have an article around upgrading the KMDF. It was supposed to say WDF that includes KMDF as well as UMDF. We will update the article soon.

Thanks again for reverting with your findings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
sevenredlines
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello Friends,

We've tried almost everything in this forum post, as well as the related ones and so far we're hoping for the new working Intel/Dell driver to show up.

On the fourth page of this thread, DELL-Sreejith D (on 10 Apr 2015 at 2:14 AM) said Dell was working with Intel on the new version of the NIC driver or cab for the Dell Latitude E7450/E7250 which has the l217/l218 Intel NIC.

It doesn't seem this new version has shown up on the Dell Support site or this thread (please correct me if I'm wrong!). Sreejith do you have an update for this issue?

I'm new to SCCM2012 (and SCCM in general) but here is the background of our problem:

The beginning of this driver adventure for us was trying to PXE boot a brand new Latitude E7250 after importing the lates Dell.cab into SCCM2012 and no network drivers were found when PE loaded. We are installing Windows 7 x64 Enterprise. That led us to this article: www.dell.com/.../en

We have not been able to locate the referenced driver versions (12.12.50.4 or 12.12.50.7205) on Dell's site to use with our X86 WinPE boot image. Specifically, the e1d6432.inf driver. While I did find a copy of the intel NIC driver version 12.12.50.7205 on HP's website, when it is DRVLOAD, it will give you a 169.x.x address when you use IPCONFIG. At the moment we are not ready to create an x64 WinPE boot image and it is unclear if it would resolve this issue; so currently still working on making this work with an X86 WinPE boot image. In the above article it does point to using this cab en.community.dell.com/.../5029.winpe-5-0-driver-cab, but the contained driver for X86 does not work. You can see in the chart it says there is an update, "new driver release on support.dell.com" but there is no link or way to find it.

The work around we found in this thread and attempted to implement was to import the Intel's latest driver into SCCM2012. The intel driver carries the version number of 12.12.80.19, which SCCM will not import. To test if Intel's latest driver would work at all (get an ip) we used the "DRVLOAD e1d6432.inf" command from the f8 window after the WinPE enviroment loads but fails to load the network driver.. You notice when you do that the NIC power cycles and gets an IP address. If you run tsbootshell.exe, the task sequencer will pickup where it left off (when the NIC driver did not load) and complete.

I then went through every available Intel and Dell driver W7/W8/W8.1 and Intel and Dell .cabs I could find and did DRVLOAD process for each. This was the result:

dell original driver e7250\win8132\e1d6432.inf = power cycle and 169.x.x
dell original driver e7450\win8132\e1d6432.inf = power cycle and 169.x.x

dell w7 cab\windows7-x86\e1d6232.inf = nothing (en.community.dell.com/.../7936.latitude-e72507250-windows-7-driver-pack)

dell pe5 cab\windows8.1-x86\e1d6432.inf = power cycle and 169.x.x (en.community.dell.com/.../5029.winpe-5-0-driver-cab)

intel\cab cd\win32\ndis64\e1d6432.inf = power cycle and IP ADDRESS (downloadcenter.intel.com/.../Intel-Ethernet-Connections-CD)

intel\w7\prowin32\pro1000\win32\ndis64\e1d6432.inf = power cycle and IP ADDRESS (downloadcenter.intel.com/.../18713)

intel\win8.1\prowin32\pro1000\win32\ndis64\e1d6432.inf = power cycle and IP ADDRESS (downloadcenter.intel.com/.../Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-8-1-)

We are using SCCM2012R2 on Server 2008R2. With the Windows 8.1 ADK with Win PE 5.1 (6.3.9600.16384) and the updated 1.11 Kernel Mode Framework.

Found this article about driver import issues with Server 2008R2 importing newer drivers that use the newer signing (Win 8.x) and applied the hot fixes listed, but the issue persists:
support.microsoft.com/.../3025419

This put in our mind SCCM2012R2 was having an issue DISM'in the intel driver which is why the import was failing. We tried a manual DISM (technet.microsoft.com/.../hh825070.aspx) to the WIM but ran aground with that process as well. I'm not sure if the manual DISM fail is realted to this article under the Windows PE5.1 Section, 2nd Paragraph: blogs.technet.com/.../understanding-the-adk-for-windows-8-1-update-and-configmgr-osd.aspx ; since we were running the Manual DISM on the SCCM2012R2 server.

I would love to hear any ideas on other ways to get this done, but especially hearing about the rumored new x86 driver that will import into SCCM2012 correctly.

Currently we're thinking about running a pre-task command to call to a .bat file to DRVLOAD the working intel driver once PE loads before the task sequence kicks off; not that we feel that is a great idea but would just like to get something working until new drivers show up.

Thanks for set of eye on this issue!

0 Kudos