jdenzik
1 Copper

RE: E7450 SCCM Build

Jump to solution

I am having a similar issue with a E7450(Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (3) I218-LM Properties), but I am having the issue with the NIC installing in Windows 7 x64. The device manager says its installed fine but in the corner where windows displays the NIC connection it has the red X on it (Not Connected - No Connections are available) I am using driver version 12.12.80.19 with Driver Date 9/29/2014. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
alex_1984
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

We are still getting this message deploying different models of Dell laptops - E7250, E7450 and E5450 *I imagine more to come!*

'Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation' *restart*
'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error.  Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation'  - *loop*

We are using the Kernel mode driver framework 1.11
UMDF 1.11 not required I take it as we are using Windows 7 x64 "UMDF driver packages that are built by using Windows Driver Kit for Windows 8 can automatically redistribute and install version 1.11 of the files"

I do not think support.microsoft.com/.../2837108 has anything to do with it unless the Windows 7 CABs also contain Windows 8 drivers - We are using Windows 7 x64

E.g. We are using this one for the E5450 - en.community.dell.com/.../7594.latitude-e54505450-windows-7-driver-pack

Over a month ago we downloaded individial drivers for the E7450 and tested one by one, then created packages and advertisements for dirty drivers (Wifi & ControlVault)  After 2 weeks we had a build for our E7450s.  The E7250 also builds from these drivers we built

Has anyone else managed to build one of these models using the standard Dell CAB files and SCCM 2007?

0 Kudos
wzsmith
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I'm using SCCM 2012, not 2007 but I had similar issues. For the 7450/7420 I had to write some scripts to install the DW1560 Wifi (which we know is a problem from the FAQ) and Realtek Audio drivers after the OS is applied to the system. Importing the latest CABs didn't work for me.

0 Kudos
Rick_1970
1 Copper

Jump to solution

The Windows 7 cab did have a few drivers that were Windows 8 that I had to remove from my own driver package in SCCM 2012. The 3 I had to remove were the BCMNFCSCR.INF which is the Windows 8 driver for the Broadcom NFC Smart Card Reader, the BCMNFCSER.INF for the NFC Proximity Provider and the BCMNFCUSB.INF for the NFC USB Bus Driver. Remove these from your driver package. Each of these drivers has an equivalent driver that has a "7" at the end of the driver name so I figured these were specifically for Windows 7 and left those in but removed the ones that didn't have the "7".

I also could not get away from installing the UMDF 1.11. I had to use it otherwise the image process would fail exactly in the manner you are seeing. When I was testing at first I was only using the KMDF 1.11 install and that was causing my installation to fail exactly the way yours is failing. When I disabled both of them, the image process failed but at least I could get into Windows and I could see in the Event Viewer on the laptop after the image failed that it kept referencing trying to install the UMDF 1.11 automatically and failing. So, I simply enabled the UMDF 1.11 and left out the KMDF 1.11 and the image finally went through.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi all,

The latest driver for Network I2xx is below. This driver is also made available for all other applicable platforms, accessible via support.dell.com

http://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/inbsd1/product-support/product/latitude-e7440-ultrabook/drive...

-Sreejith.

0 Kudos
Jannis J
1 Copper

Jump to solution

It might be related to this:

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN296860/EN/

Same NIC new HWID, and two drivers creates issues.

-J

Youffie
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi,

Theses drivers still not work for me... am I alone ? (I use MDt to deploy Latitude E7450)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Youffie
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Jannis,
Thank you for that track, it really looked like the problem but no; this is not solved for me ...

0 Kudos
Youffie
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Just to say that it works ! i did not import the good winPE.wim in WDS...

Thanks Jannis

0 Kudos
Willtur31
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info I am new to the steps so I will have to search for a more verbose version of these steps but hopefully this will work!

0 Kudos