I've experienced the same issue. Grabbed the drivers that I though it could be and put them on a USB drive then PXE'd the device - hit F8 and at the command prompt manually loaded the driver that i thought it could be then did an IPCONFIG, no change, loaded the next (e1d64x64.inf) and boom got an IP. imported into SCCM, got an error that the selected driver is not applicable to any supported platform. Then found out that apparently some drivers are being signed differently causing them not to be loaded on Windows 2008 R2 which is what are primary and CAS are configed on. Escalated to the server team to test the hotfix, unfortunately our SCCM guys is out today, so should have an answer Monday if that's the resolution.
Either way after i manually imported the driver I then ran the following command:
x:\sms\bin\x64\tsmbootstrap.exe /env:WinPE /configpath:x:\sms\data
and started my OSD process just to validate everything else was functional on the new hardware.
Can you share how you identified which driver was causing the issue during system setup? I had the same problem with the MEI driver on the E7440 and I remember it being very obvious in one of the logs but I haven't found anything similar with the E7450 and I assume I'm looking in the wrong place this time around.
The driver's certificate used to sign the driver has expired.
Which is why you can inject the driver or sideload it in PE but it will fail in SCCM.
Waiting for Intel or Dell to release a new driver with a certificate.
Not sure if I am looking at the wrong place, but I couldn't find anything obvious in the logs.
Hence, went with the good old trial and error method with process of elimination.
Basically stripped the driver package for E7450, and started adding small bunch at a time, till the build failed. Long winded way to do things, but got what I needed.
Thanks - this worked for me. Yesterday I had about 20 drivers that wouldn't import from the E7540 cab and after applying these hotfixes they all imported correctly
I was having the exact problems for a long time with my E7450 build. I had to use a combination of some suggestions that DMK1 provided along with many of the other suggestions listed here on this forum. Essentially what did it for me was this:
1.) I downloaded the latest Dell driver CAB for the E7450 and extracted the drivers into the Driver package. Some of the drivers will give you trouble, especially the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework drivers. Pretty much all of these drivers require UMDF 1.11.
2.) I had to download and extract the very latest Intel Ethernet drivers for the I217-LM/I218-LM network card and replace the driver that was part of the latest download for the Dell driver cab with the newer network card driver. I am using the Ethernet driver from 9/28/14 which is version 126.96.36.199, I'm not sure if anything earlier even works. Before that verson of the driver was installed, the image would always fail. I placed this driver in the Driver Package that I build for the E7450 in SCCM.
3.) Most of the drivers worked great with the updated Ethernet driver but the ones that did not were the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework drivers, basically all of the DPFT_*.INF driver files are problematic if you don't have the UMDF 1.11 installed.
4.) I installed the UMDF 1.11 by using the method described earlier to create a scratch directory then I installed the UMDF 1.11 via a package. UMDF 1.11 is available from Microsoft as KB2685813.
Create a scratch directory:
cmd.exe /c mkdir %OSDisk%\Scratch
Install UMDF 1.11:
cmd.exe /c X:\windows\system32\dism.exe /ScratchDir:%OSDisk%\Scratch /Image:%WIMMountPoint%\ /Add-Package /PackagePath:%_SMSTSMDataPath%\Packages\CM100233\Windows6.1-KB2685813-x64.cab
(some of this information may likely vary for you. I created separate variables for OSDisk and WIMMountPoint which may be redundant for some and the path to the package will be different as well)
5.) What I have found is that if you follow all of these steps your image should complete. I have found that on occasion the step we have in our task sequence to 'Install Software Updates' will occasionally not complete during the task sequence setup but we set that to continue on error and the updates are always pulled down later after the image completes and the device checks into SCCM.
I hope this helps anyone out there still stuck with imaging their E7450's.
Please note: I did not have to install the KMDF 1.11 so I left that step out. However, your install may require it.