Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 10th, 2010 04:00

Error message when try to install video drivers Latitude E5400

I use Latitude E5400. I have manually installed my own Win 7 Ultimate x64. I have been unable to install an Intel GMA driver, either from the drivers and utilities disk, or with a download from the Dell website or from Intell site. Only the Standard VGA Graphics Adapter is installed (from the win7 install disk), and that does not support features like extending the desktop to an external flat panel.

When try to install the driver I received next error: This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software. Setup will exit.

This is happens with all drivers I found for this video card. I tried with drivers for Vista x64 and also win 7 x32. The drivers for vista crash with expected error for OS, but with all drivers for win 7 this error i raised.

There was nothing helpful in the web for such problem.

1 Message

December 10th, 2010 13:00

your first problem is that the latitude e5400 doesn't fully support x64 based O/S. try installing win7 x86 (its the 32bit). that should fix things

2 Posts

December 12th, 2010 23:00

Then why this laptop is with x64 bits processor and with 4 GB RAB. 32 bit OS couldn't use this hardware. Neigher the processor, neither the RAM. This is absolutely mindless.

1 Message

October 5th, 2013 05:00

I had exactly the same trouble till I installed Win8 and discovered my latitude e5400 needed an NVidia 9200m gs driver. Go to the NVidia website and download the 9m series driver for notebooks! That'll fix it

No Events found!