Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 25th, 2017 13:00

Intel Chipset Device Software Driver - How to update MDT?

This chipset driver is packaged simply as .EXE installers so I cannot extact and import into MDT.  Dell provides these in the .CAB files we can download from this site, but how can I get/create my own so I can deploy with the current posted drivers? (I ran the .EXE with /? and did not see an extract option.)

www.dell.com/.../driversdetails

January 26th, 2017 09:00

Eddie, If the previous options did not work for you then try running this switch on the .exe that was extracted....."Setupchipset.exe -EXTRACT C:\dell\drivers".

January 25th, 2017 13:00

Eddie, There are 2 ways to extract the drivers from the .exe. One is to simply double click the executable and select the extract drivers only option. The second way is to use this switch....
"Chipset_Driver_WGP6H_WN32_10.1.1.13_A03_01.EXE /s /drivers=c:\dell\drivers".

25 Posts

January 25th, 2017 15:00

Thanks.  I have already extracted the file from Dell's site, but the contents do not appear to be driver (.INF) files that MDT will be able to work with in order to import.

• mup.xml
  • package.xml
  • setupchipset.exe

When I extract the CAB file from the Enterprise download site there will be a chipset folder and inside this will be multiple folders and each one contains chipset files.  .INF, .DLL, .SYS, .CAT, etc. But when you get the Chipset driver from the Support site you just get that big .EXE which when I run with "/?" doesn't share any secrets how to unpack.

1 Message

September 6th, 2017 08:00

It works! Thank you very much!

No Events found!