Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

March 28th, 2017 13:00

Latitude E5470 (i7) - No backlit keyboard available?

Hi,

If I'm in the wrong discussion forum please guide me to the correct one. I recently purchased a Dell Latitude E5470 (i7) directly from Dell. It doesn't have a backlit keyboard! I looked through Dell's portal/talked with a Dell sales person and they both confirmed that the Latitude E5470 (i7 version) does not have that option (going to try out the E5570 i7 hoping that it isn't too bulky). Seriously? 

I'd appreciate anyone who can suggest a Dell equivalent laptop model that does have a backlit keyboard.

Thank you in advance,

supercell29

8 Posts

May 8th, 2017 10:00

Hi

Whoever you got that info from has been wrong. We recently purchased a E5470 running an i7 that had the backlit dual pointing keyboard. We also configured the touch screen too which is cool albeit you end up with fingerprints on the glossy screen.

Thanks

Mo

8 Posts

May 8th, 2017 12:00

I'd recommend in that case getting through to an account manager to customise it. This was it'll be included.

May 8th, 2017 12:00

You can't choose the backlit when building your E5470 from the Dell website and three techs at Dell informed me that the i7 does not come with one. I had to go the 5480 route which does have the backlit keyboard and a quad-core i7 too. Happy now :~)

May 9th, 2017 12:00

I did. Two of them. They said it is impossible.

No Events found!