VenoX
Copper

Latitude E5540 Problem with Fingerprint Reader Driver

Hello Dell Community Smiley Happy

I am experiencing a strange Problem regarding my Dell Latitude E5540 Laptops. They are built with Fingerprint.

I am not able to get the validiy Fingerprint running - it says that it could not be startet (code 10) in device Manager - also tried Manual download of Driver and install it - no Chance.

are there any prerequisites for this Driver?

cheers,

Manuel

8 Replies

RE: Latitude E5540 Problem with Fingerprint Reader Driver

I am also having a similar problem.  I have an E5540 running win 7. In the device manager it says my device is installed and working properly but in the control panel it reads as Unavailable. 

I have also downloaded and installed the latest drives from Dell support site. No change. 

Rick

0 Kudos
khsajidali
Bronze

i am also faceing the same problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi, I've been digging around for new drivers and other information related and keep coming up with this regarding drivers. Note it doesn't specifically list the E5440:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverid=RM13J

There was a newish CAB also posted:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/w/wiki/5031.latitude-e5440-windows-7-drive...

Thanks

0 Kudos
VenoX
Copper

Hello,

In my case it was Lumension Endpoint Control that blocked the device.

However, i am unable to get Fingerprint working as i cannot find the proper Management software. The one listed on the Download Page at dell support with my machines service tag is not working

0 Kudos
engmnr
Copper

thanks a lot...

0 Kudos
Alraimi
Copper

The fingerprint reader is not connected. Connect the reader" on Dell LATITUDE E5540 Windows 8.1 Pro

Whit3Mist
Copper

Hi try installing Validity Finger Print Reader 495 Driver from dell's office site. It will solve your problem, though it solved mine. I was facing the same problem for a long time.

www.dell.com/.../drivers

singhsannu
Copper

Dear Sir/madam,

Please advice for finger print scanner using process

regards

sannu singh

<ADMIN NOTE: Phone number removed per privacy policy>

0 Kudos