Highlighted
marsup
1 Copper

NIC Drivers for laptop E6x20 under SCCM and Windows XP TS

Hello,
I have a problem with the laptop E6x20.
I have insert the NIC drivers in my boot image => no problem. I can run my TS.
When the laptop reboot for continu the rest of my TS, i have no IP adress instead of i have insert the nic drivers..
Can you help me ?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
cjethomas
1 Copper

RE: NIC Drivers for laptop E6x20 under SCCM and Windows XP TS

Same issue here. I'm trying to install Windows 7 SP1 64-bit. The driver I'm trying is Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection, 11.8.81.0, 10/28/10. I have tried specifying the driver through the Auto Apply Drivers step (by grouping the drivers into an E6320 category and creating a driver package from it) and forcing installation through the Apply Driver Package step. No luck so far.

I've successfully solved my issues with the 6410 and new 380 models, but 6320 has me stumped.
0 Kudos

Marsup,

How are you applying your Drivers in the Task sequence? Auto-apply or Apply driver package?
0 Kudos

cjethomas,

If you are using Auto-Apply you should check the applicability rules for the NIC drivers in question. Specifically, that the 32-bit driver isn't applicable to the 64-bit platform within the ConfigMgr Driver properties. I have seen that cause issues in the past and is one of the reasons that Dell recommends using "Apply Driver Package" exclusively in conjunction with the Driver CABs referenced on this site.
0 Kudos