Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 25th, 2013 01:00

New Windows 7 x86 CAB's needed for E7240 and E7440

Hi there! First off, I had to update my Win PE 4.0 images in order to get an IP adress. That was the easy part. But when trying to apply Win7 x86 on a E7240, the OS get's applied, the driver cab gets applied.

After the first reboot, when the Windows 7 installation is "configuring itself", I get a "" which will get the machine stuck in a loop. I cannot get passed this. My first thoughts were; "there's something wrong with the driver package". So I tried to rebuild it with same results. I ended up installing the machine manually, and adding the drivers manually (from the same CAB). No errors at all.

Then I used the "ConfigMgr Driver Injector" for grabbing the drivers that were installed on the OS.

http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/ConfigMgr-Driver-Injector-aae7d17d

With these, I built a new driver package which applies fine. The OS gets installed and all, but afterwards I have two missing drivers: A chipset driver. Unfortunately I cannot give the exact driver ID as these new models haven't arrived at us to a 100% yet. My only conclusion is this: we need a new CAB package as there obviously seems to be problems with the drivers in the current one. The same issues applies to the E7440 aswell, except I get an "unknown device" along with the chipset driver.

The x64 CAB package seems to work fine on the E7440!

When can we expect new driver CAB's ?

October 25th, 2013 07:00

Hi Johan, 

Please see Warren Byle's article on the new Kernel Management Driver Framework Update that is now required for many of the new Dell models (including the E7240/E7440) http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/b/techcenter/archive/2013/10/07/kernel-mode-driver-framework-1-11-update-what-it-is-and-why-you-need-it.aspx

I also have a linked article showing you exactly how to apply this update offline during your task sequence.

1.1K Posts

October 25th, 2013 10:00

October 28th, 2013 00:00

Thanks Dustin!

But this puzzles me:
The x86 version of KB2685811 is already present in our win 7 x86 Wim file.

The x64 isn't of course...

any ideas?

November 4th, 2013 23:00

This is odd.

After applying the image, i manually tried to apply the kb, and it got installed. Eventhough SCCM said that the KB was already present.

I'm rebuilding my ref right now including the kb (i needed a new ref anyways), and will try again later on.

November 5th, 2013 05:00

Rebuilding the ref image solved the issue for me!

No Events found!