Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 25th, 2016 15:00

OptiPlex 7040 - SCCM integration issue

Issue:

Failing to integrate the Dell OptiPlex 7040 into an existing Windows 10 Task sequence.  The task sequence in general is working properly, multiple other models have been integrated without issue.

Steps completed:

1. I have imported the Dell OptiPlex 7040 Windows 10 Driver Package.
  2. I have create a task sequence step to install this driver package when the model = OptiPlex 7040.

Observations:

When the task sequence runs, the driver package install step runs and completes successfully.  Reviewing the logs, I can see that the drivers from the driver package are integrated into the image.

When the system reboots and begins to install the staged drivers, it appears that the network card is not in a ready state.  This causes the join domain action to fail after many retries.  The system ultimately reboots and, this time the network card is available and the task sequence continues.  Due to the failure to join the domain during the initial load of the Windows 10 OS, some of the remaining task sequence steps, which require a domain joined system, fail.  This results in the task sequence failing.

Questions:

Has anyone had success deploying windows 10 using a SCCM 2012 R2 w/ MDT integration OSD task sequence?

Has anyone has a similar experience with the NIC?  The fact that the NIC is installed on the second reboot suggests to me that a different driver will not resolve this issue.

Any suggestions to resolve this issue?  This has been very disappointing.  Model integration should be easy.  This year, I've had more and more trouble with Dell systems.

2 Posts

November 30th, 2016 07:00

Update:  This issue was resolved only by replacing the Reference Image to Windows 10 (1607)

2 Posts

November 29th, 2016 10:00

I had the same issue with 7020's.  It turned out to be the NIC driver itself in the Dell Driver CAB that was faulty.  Using the driver from Intel worked.  The driver CAB eventually got updated with a new driver that works fine.

No Events found!