Highlighted
RobertBMills
Phosphor

Optiplex 790 pack A01 - graphics driver issues

I'm having an issue with the graphics driver included in the Optiplex 790 pack and IE9. I had to disable software rendering or IE9 would immediately crash upon launch. I was wondering if anyone else experienced similar issues. Running W7 x64 SP1 and deploying using MDT 2010 U1.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertBMills
Phosphor

RE: Optiplex 790 pack A01 - graphics driver issues

specifically the ATI 6350 driver.
0 Kudos
JWhips
Copper

"I'm having an issue with the graphics driver included in the Optiplex 790 pack and IE9. I had to disable software rendering or IE9 would immediately crash upon launch. I was wondering if anyone else experienced similar issues. Running W7 x64 SP1 and deploying using MDT 2010 U1. "
I just finished signing up for the site to post about the solution I found (saw the bubble note of the thread on the main page!).

I spent 4 hours straight finding out that the driver version 8.863.3.0000 07/22/2011 is BAD. As soon as IE would try to visit any site outside the predefined trusted site list, IE would crash. BEX Iexplore. (I think I have a screen shot somewhere).

Solution: Disable the driver in MDT (listed x4)
If machine is already installed; choose to update driver | Browse | Let me Pick. Choose the driver 8.783.2.2000 from 11/16/2010

Dell needs to correct this immediately!

EDIT: This is with Win 7 x64 (tried w/ sp1 or none). MDT 2010 U1.
0 Kudos

The dev team is aware of this issue and are working on addressing it.
0 Kudos
koenmaes
Phosphor

Same issue, driver also crashes Autodesk design review (even when you open it without loading any file) and might be the cause of my powerdvd issues.
0 Kudos

koenmaes,

Thanks for the additional details. I'll forward to the dev team.
0 Kudos