Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 16th, 2010 03:00

SCUP / SCCM / Expire/Superseed updates

Hi guys

I've got some trouble with the DELL provided update catalogs for WSUS/SCCM.
Maybe I just don't understand it as well as I should ;)

My problem is:
I don't want to approve old revision of updates, and I don't want them to show up in SCCM.
The way I do it is to expire the updates in SCUP, sync to WSUS, then sync to SCCM -> All OK.
The problem now is that I have to update the Catalog in SCUP to get the latest updates from DELL, and there, the expiry status is overwritten on every import.
(If I chose not to overwrite existing updates, I believe they won't get the automatic expiry/superseeding information, correct?)

So, how do you guys do that?
Or is there a better way of doing it?
And why is DELL not expiring/superseeding updates by themselves?
(e.g. Update A02 should superseed update A01...)

Thanks & Cheers
Michel

20 Posts

September 12th, 2010 22:00

Hi Michel,
Currently automatically expiring of older updates when a new catalog is imported is not working as expected. We are currently working on it. There is a way out,
- Before importing the latest catalog, expire all the updates of the previous catalog, sync with WSUS, sync with SCCM. The SCCM should now delete the expired updates. Now delete the old catalog from SCUP and import the new catalog.

July 28th, 2016 16:00

Hey it's 2016 and the bloody issue still exists!

Could you work on it a little faster.

Please!

27 Posts

September 13th, 2016 09:00

What BunnyFooFoo said!

The catalog is littered with clashing updates, bad installable/installed rules, circular references, critical updates that don't supersede or expire previous ones, literally dozens of Hitachi firmware updates.

Frankly it's a mess.

27 Posts

June 15th, 2017 11:00

Nearly another year has passed. Any progress?

27 Posts

November 27th, 2017 04:00

And another few months.

Throw us a bone here, please!

27 Posts

May 3rd, 2018 04:00

Bi-annual check in. Any chance of this ever getting fixed?

1 Message

August 14th, 2018 08:00

The advice to expire the updates is incorrect. I am now in a mess as i cannot republish to my WSUS server because the updates are expired on the server.

Does anyone know how to republish the Dell catalogue once the updates have been expired in SCUP + WSUS?

Interesting that the catalogue is not fixed after 8 years.

No Events found!