I am experiencing the same issue on several Optiplex 790 systems that I maintain.
The Realtek ALC269 driver comes up as needing an update, but installation through Dell Client System Update and manual download and install both fail because the existing driver is the same version as the update. Obviously, the simple work-around is to avoid installing the driver again.
From the installation log:
Checking driver version...
The version of this update driver is equal to the currently installed version .
[Realtek HD Audio Driver]
Installed version : 18.104.22.16883
Package version : 22.214.171.12483
Update ready to be applied at reboot .
Rtk Code = 0x00000000
IS Code = 0x00000000
Install Result = 0
UPD execution code =
SetupAPI running code =
Exit Code = 0003 ( Dependency software error )
Hi, try downloading directly from the FTP site:
Note that you will be downloading from the Audio Driver section, for the x90 series Optiplexes.
The driver version is newer (126.96.36.19919).
Hi Satish Singh,
Thank you for the link. Since I am running Windows 7, I downloaded and installed version 188.8.131.5207 instead. However, I am still having the same issue. My OS reports the newer version is installed, but Dell Client System Update does not understand and continues to report that I need 184.108.40.20683.
I am also finding that Dell System Detect launched from http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/servicetag/<service tag>/drivers finds updates that Dell Client System Update was not reporting at all. However, I am having the same issue where an update is reported available after I have installed it. In this case, it appears that the Intel installer package is actually installing an older version that what the Dell website claims I am downloading. The new driver that I am have this issue with is:
I have been seeing the same sort of behavior on every single new laptop we have bought and deployed in the past year or so.
Latitude E series laptops in the xx40 xx30 ranges all exhibit this behavior.
And even the manual method of finding the right full set of drivers for a given service tag on the support.dell.com page has changed drastically and I don't quite trust the results you get.
Especially considering that the original system configuration listing up there does not indicate the individual hardware components like it used to.
Can you provide me the below information to look into the issue,
DCSU Version -
Attach activity log of DCSU
You can refer the DCSU User Guide ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_electronics/esuprt_software/esuprt_client_sys_mgmt/es... for importing activity log.
Thank you. I am using Windows 7.0 Professional. DCSU version is 1.3.0 When trying again this morning, the problem seems to have worsened in that the update failed. I tried twice with no luck. Activity log is attached.