Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 20th, 2017 14:00

Same updates appear in Dell Command Update again and again

Hello-

Dell Command Udate keep showing the same recommended updates as available even after they have been installed and the laptop rebooted.

I have a laptop XPS15 that I bought 1 year ago and the updates that appear again and again are Dell Command Update are:

Intel Serial IO Driver (10.1 MB, 14/10/2016)
Intel(R) Management Engine Components Installer (106,4 MB, 21/10/2016)
Dell Premmier Color Software Application (23,2MB, 26/01/2017)

On the other hand, from Command Update, I select updates history, same updates appear many times, each time I install them. This is not the first time that this happens but usually, gets fixed after several installs. However, this time, I have done more than 15 times and nothing works,

Please help.

Thank you,

April 2nd, 2017 13:00

Check the MSI installer logs. I was having trouble with the IME Comonents Installer as well and it turned out that it was attempting to install a version of Visual C++ on top of an existing install and was bailing out.

support.microsoft.com/.../how-to-enable-windows-installer-logging

4 Posts

April 4th, 2017 01:00

I'm having EXACTLY the same issue. It's been like this for the past month or 2. However Command Update only suggests an update for IMEC and Dell PremierColor. The Serial IO update installs correctly.

Since this issue I have also encountered audio issues (a popping sound from the speakers every 30 seconds or so). Have you had any luck fixing the problem?
I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers several times but with no success.

The control panel says I'm running one version of the driver and the device manager says I'm running another.

15 Posts

April 7th, 2017 04:00

Hi Coryr1992,

I have almost the same issue with my Latitude 7480 - Dell Command Update suggests to install the same drivers over and over, although I installed them 5 times already.

Moreover, I also have the same sound issue - a popping sound from the speakers every few seconds.

Here is a link to my thread.

Did you find any solution?

Thanks!

May 9th, 2017 10:00

Greetings!

I have a Dell Precision 7710 and i have the same issue. Dell Command Update keeps telling me the same update is available. I have uninstalled and reinstalled.

It would be nice if Dell responded.

Online Support shows 

Chipset |Intel(R) Management Engine Components Installer

Dell Command Update shows

Dell Wireless 1810/1820 WiFi/Bluetooth Driver

4 Posts

May 9th, 2017 14:00

Hey TX155,

The audio issue fixed itself with the latest Windows 10 creators update. The sound is pure and without issues but for some unknown reason the driver updates for Premier Color and Intel Management still appear despite having installed them several times.

No Events found!