Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 18th, 2011 06:00

Stuttering sound-resolved when uninstalling/disabling nvs 4200m driver

Hi all,
as you all know, the nvs 4200m driver for e6420 and e6520 cannot be injected/automated with sccm.
I really hope Dell/Nvidia sort out this mess very soon, and release a proper driver, because it's not OK installing the driver manually on 90

We have experienced stuttering sound on the e6520, that can be resolved by disabling or uninstalling the nvs driver.
So my question is: When are you guys planning to fix this? This gpu problem is getting real annoying!
Please respond i any way, to atleast give us some hope regarding this!

Best regards

1.1K Posts

May 19th, 2011 09:00

I'm testing some beta drivers from NVidia now, but there are still some issues that need to be ironed out. I'll post an update when a new driver is available.

Thanks,

Warren

1.1K Posts

May 19th, 2011 12:00

The Nvidia Driver has an associated Audio driver which might be causing the sound issue. At this point we just trying to get a driver that installs properly with deployment tools like ConfigMgr but I'll look for a sound issue in my testing.

May 19th, 2011 12:00

"I'm testing some beta drivers from NVidia now, but there are still some issues that need to be ironed out. I'll post an update when a new driver is available.

Thanks,

Warren"
Thanks Warren.
So the problem with the stuttering sound im experiencing (besides the failure of injection) is known to you and Nvidia?

May 24th, 2011 11:00

"Thanks Warren.
So the problem with the stuttering sound im experiencing (besides the failure of injection) is known to you and Nvidia?"
Thanks Warren! Please post here or PM me ASAP as i almost got 90 machines that needs to be rolled out

1.1K Posts

May 27th, 2011 08:00

A team is working with Nvidia on this issue. I don't have an ETA when a fixed driver will be available. If you are in a time crunch, the only solution is to add the driver as a software package install later in your task sequence.

1.1K Posts

August 29th, 2011 23:00

2 Posts

August 31st, 2011 13:00

"Driver cabs with new Nvidia drivers are available today

http://www.delltechcenter.com/page/Dell+Business+Client+Operating+System+Deployment+-+The+.CAB+Files

"
I injected the drivers into a Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit install WIM file and tried to deploy to a Latitude e6520 yesterday. The screen resolution defaulted to 800x600 once Windows came up. I was able to change the resolution to the appropriate resolution, but the video card was detected as "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter". I could not find the driver for the 4200m anywhere in the list to install from. Installing the drivers manually works, of course.

Was this what the updated CAB was supposed to address?
No Events found!