Trying to incorporate omci into SCCM 2007 sp2

I'm trying to include the OMCI settings into the SMS_DEF.mof after reading the white papers and using pragma include. When I run a mofcomp on the sms_def.mof I get the following error:
Parsing MOF file: sms_def.mof
MOF file has been successfully parsed
Storing data in the repository...
An error occurred while creating object 124 defined on lines 38 - 47:
0X80041002 Class, instance, or property 'SMS_Class_Template' was not found.
Compiler returned error 0x80041002

Can anyone offer any insights? I have the OMCI client installed on my workstation (Win 7) and when I pull up wbemtest I can connect to the root/dellomci and enumerate the classes, however wbemtest crashes when I try to enumerate the instances. Thanks
0 Kudos
17 Replies

RE: Trying to incorporate omci into SCCM 2007 sp2

Hasn't anyone done this successfully?
0 Kudos

Hi,
Where in the sms_def.mof are you inserting the #include statement? If you look within sms_def.mof, you'll see the actual definition for the sms_class_template class. If I insert the include statement above the first #pragma namespace definition, I get the error you reference. If I insert it immediately after the sms_class_template definition or lower in the file, I do not get the error you reference.
0 Kudos

Thanks for answering. I'm including the pragma include statement at the very end of the SMS_DEF.mof.
0 Kudos
DELL-Greg R
2 Iron

yes, we've done it successfully 🙂 I'm in Dell IT.

You only need to run mofcomp on the configmgr Primary site servers in ConfigMgr 2007 - have you appeneded the contents of the Dell SMS_DEF.MOF to your SMS_DEF.MOF, made the report modifications you need (setting TRUE or FALSE for each one), the compiled the MOF?
0 Kudos

Rather than pasting the contents of the sms_def.mof into ours. When I compile it I get the above error. This happens whether I paste everything into our SMS_DEF.mof or use the pragma include method. I have referenced it in a separate file and included a pragma include statement at the end of our sms_def.mof. In the dell SMS_def.mof I added the following at the top:
//#####################
//DEFINITON OF DELL_OMCI
//####################

#pragma namespace("\\\\.\\ROOT\\DellOMCI")
0 Kudos
Highlighted
DELL-Greg R
2 Iron

That's good info to know - I haven't done it that way - I'm going to ask a good friend (and MOF GURU) to take a look at our thread.

In the mean time, can you provide more detail?
Have you referenced external MOF files before?

So on your site server, you have \inboxes\clifiles.src\hinv\SMS_Def.MOF, and Configuration.mof - and you have a third file for the DELL mof, correct? Can you paste the line in that you're using to include the dell mof?
0 Kudos

sure thing. We have referenced external file before however this is the first time we have referenced anything outside of the /root/cimv2 namespace. Here is the line to include:
# pragma include ("DELL_OMCI.mof")

note that the file is named DELL_OMCI.mof and is in the same directory as the sms_def.mof.
0 Kudos
skissinger1
1 Copper

"0X80041002 Class, instance, or property 'SMS_Class_Template' was not found" hmm? I know I've seen that before. It was some wierd thing in someone's environment where (for whatever reason) having the separate mof file it just didn't like it. But I'm sure it was during the mofcomp on sms03 on clients, not CM07. I believe what they ended up doing was copying the top section of sms_def.mof into their mof snippet, so that the sms_class_template was defined in that separate one.

I'm not saying that's your issue, tho.

In one of my labs, when I tested the omci mof, I used #pragma include("OMCI.mof")
and it worked just fine.

if you run (from a cmd prompt) mofcomp -check dell_omci.mof, does the mofcomp still error?
0 Kudos

Is there a reason you are including the #pragma namespace("\\\\.\\ROOT\\DellOMCI") in the dell_omci.mof file? I believe this tells WMI to create the SMS report information in the dellomci namespace. As the sms_class_template class is being defined by sms_def.mof in the root\cimv2 namespace, it will not be found.
0 Kudos