Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

July 12th, 2010 07:00

Trying to incorporate omci into SCCM 2007 sp2

I'm trying to include the OMCI settings into the SMS_DEF.mof after reading the white papers and using pragma include. When I run a mofcomp on the sms_def.mof I get the following error:
Parsing MOF file: sms_def.mof
MOF file has been successfully parsed
Storing data in the repository...
An error occurred while creating object 124 defined on lines 38 - 47:
0X80041002 Class, instance, or property 'SMS_Class_Template' was not found.
Compiler returned error 0x80041002

Can anyone offer any insights? I have the OMCI client installed on my workstation (Win 7) and when I pull up wbemtest I can connect to the root/dellomci and enumerate the classes, however wbemtest crashes when I try to enumerate the instances. Thanks

July 20th, 2010 09:00

Hasn't anyone done this successfully?

16 Posts

August 4th, 2010 13:00

Hi,
Where in the sms_def.mof are you inserting the #include statement? If you look within sms_def.mof, you'll see the actual definition for the sms_class_template class. If I insert the include statement above the first #pragma namespace definition, I get the error you reference. If I insert it immediately after the sms_class_template definition or lower in the file, I do not get the error you reference.

August 4th, 2010 14:00

Thanks for answering. I'm including the pragma include statement at the very end of the SMS_DEF.mof.

118 Posts

August 5th, 2010 09:00

yes, we've done it successfully :) I'm in Dell IT.

You only need to run mofcomp on the configmgr Primary site servers in ConfigMgr 2007 - have you appeneded the contents of the Dell SMS_DEF.MOF to your SMS_DEF.MOF, made the report modifications you need (setting TRUE or FALSE for each one), the compiled the MOF?

August 5th, 2010 10:00

Rather than pasting the contents of the sms_def.mof into ours. When I compile it I get the above error. This happens whether I paste everything into our SMS_DEF.mof or use the pragma include method. I have referenced it in a separate file and included a pragma include statement at the end of our sms_def.mof. In the dell SMS_def.mof I added the following at the top:
//#####################
//DEFINITON OF DELL_OMCI
//####################

#pragma namespace("\\\\.\\ROOT\\DellOMCI")

118 Posts

August 5th, 2010 10:00

That's good info to know - I haven't done it that way - I'm going to ask a good friend (and MOF GURU) to take a look at our thread.

In the mean time, can you provide more detail?
Have you referenced external MOF files before?

So on your site server, you have \inboxes\clifiles.src\hinv\SMS_Def.MOF, and Configuration.mof - and you have a third file for the DELL mof, correct? Can you paste the line in that you're using to include the dell mof?

August 5th, 2010 11:00

sure thing. We have referenced external file before however this is the first time we have referenced anything outside of the /root/cimv2 namespace. Here is the line to include:
# pragma include ("DELL_OMCI.mof")

note that the file is named DELL_OMCI.mof and is in the same directory as the sms_def.mof.

August 5th, 2010 13:00

"0X80041002 Class, instance, or property 'SMS_Class_Template' was not found" hmm? I know I've seen that before. It was some wierd thing in someone's environment where (for whatever reason) having the separate mof file it just didn't like it. But I'm sure it was during the mofcomp on sms03 on clients, not CM07. I believe what they ended up doing was copying the top section of sms_def.mof into their mof snippet, so that the sms_class_template was defined in that separate one.

I'm not saying that's your issue, tho.

In one of my labs, when I tested the omci mof, I used #pragma include("OMCI.mof")
and it worked just fine.

if you run (from a cmd prompt) mofcomp -check dell_omci.mof, does the mofcomp still error?

16 Posts

August 5th, 2010 14:00

Is there a reason you are including the #pragma namespace("\\\\.\\ROOT\\DellOMCI") in the dell_omci.mof file? I believe this tells WMI to create the SMS report information in the dellomci namespace. As the sms_class_template class is being defined by sms_def.mof in the root\cimv2 namespace, it will not be found.

"Is there a reason you are including the #pragma namespace("\\\\.\\ROOT\\DellOMCI") in the dell_omci.mof file? I believe this tells WMI to create the SMS report information in the dellomci namespace. As the sms_class_template class is being defined by sms_def.mof in the root\cimv2 namespace, it will not be found."
the omci client installs everything it collects into the Root\dellomci namespace

I'm finding it hard to visualize what you have...

Could I ask you to send your sms_def.mof, configuration.mof, and dell_omci.mof to mofmaster [at] myitforum d0t com?

""0X80041002 Class, instance, or property 'SMS_Class_Template' was not found" hmm? I know I've seen that before. It was some wierd thing in someone's environment where (for whatever reason) having the separate mof file it just didn't like it. But I'm sure it was during the mofcomp on sms03 on clients, not CM07. I believe what they ended up doing was copying the top section of sms_def.mof into their mof snippet, so that the sms_class_template was defined in that separate one.

I'm not saying that's your issue, tho.

In one of my labs, when I tested the omci mof, I used #pragma include("OMCI.mof")
and it worked just fine.

if you run (from a cmd prompt) mofcomp -check dell_omci.mof, does the mofcomp still error?
"
running the -check it comes back just fine

August 9th, 2010 06:00

Sorry I was out on Friday, but I sent them to the address you specified.

August 9th, 2010 07:00

ok, so I'm looking at your mof files. Start by doing exactly what Aaron mentioned: get rid of the

#pragma namespace("\\\\.\\ROOT\\DellOMCI")

at the top of your dell_omci.mof
I'm 99% sure that's the problem. the sms_class_template is NOT defined for that namespace in WMI, and has zero reason to be. So it's likely that's why it's whining. Within each class definition that namespace is explicitly called--trying to "change" to root\dellomci is just mucking you up.

I checked my omci.mof file that I have in my lab--and I did *exactly* what you did, did a #pragma include, and I don't have that. and it worked perfectly.

August 9th, 2010 08:00

I took that out and my sms_def.mof compiles successfully. but if I run a mofcomp dell_omci.mof Then I'm still getting the compile error or is it a case of that will not compile on its own?
No Events found!