Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 1st, 2017 07:00

WMI Query list for Dell Enterprise models

I am looking to see if there is a master list that shows what the Dell Latitude, Optiplex, and Precision Desktop and Laptops are called in the BIOS to better write WMI queries in SCCM targeting these systems. 

For instance, since the Dell Precision models have changed the naming scheme from say Precision T3500 to Precision Tower 3610 or Precision 3620. 

If there is a better way to get the driver packages targeted to the systems that would be great to know as well. Any advice to clean up the queries would be appreciated.

29 Posts

February 1st, 2018 09:00

Please try using http://downloads.dell.com/catalog/DriverPackCatalog.cab.

extract DriverPackCatalog.cab , where each DriverPackage node contains element hope this can help you with your script.

Next Choice- Notice there is another field called systemID, which will map directly to System SKU field from msinfo32, this field will be much more accurate.

October 9th, 2018 13:00

Can we get a clearer answer that doesn't just lead to more work? I'm sure someone at Dell has this information compiled somewhere.

November 14th, 2023 17:09

I now use SystemSKUNumber instead of the model. For example,

"SELECT * FROM Win32_ComputerSystem WHERE SystemSKUNumber = "0293"

to match a Precision T3500. And that SKU can be found in the DriverPackCatalog.cab file mentioned in this thread, or the Manifest.xml in the Driver CAB file.

No Events found!