Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 27th, 2011 12:00

cctk.exe --keyboardillumination=auto does not work on the E6420

I updated to the current version of 2.0.0, A00 but niether Auto or On work they both return the same thing

cctk --keyboardillumination=auto

The option 'keyboardillumination' is not available or cannot be configured
through software.

1.1K Posts

May 31st, 2011 15:00

What version of BIOS are you on with the E6420. I believe A04 is the latest?

1.1K Posts

June 6th, 2011 08:00

Here is a list of CCTK commands that I received from the CCTK team. They will be making changes to simplify this in the next version of CCTK.

The following are the cctk commands for each of the operations:

1. Setting keyboard illumination off
cctk.exe --keyboardillumination=off

2. Setting keyboard illumination to level 25%
cctk.exe --token=0x02EA

3. Setting keyboard illumination to level 50%
cctk.exe --token=0x02EB

4. Setting keyboard illumination to level 75%
cctk.exe --token=0x02EC

5. Setting keyboard illumination to level 100%
cctk.exe --token=0x02F6

Let me know if you need something else that isn't specified above.

Thanks,

Warren

18 Posts

June 6th, 2011 12:00

"Here is a list of CCTK commands that I received from the CCTK team. They will be making changes to simplify this in the next version of CCTK.

The following are the cctk commands for each of the operations:

1. Setting keyboard illumination off
cctk.exe --keyboardillumination=off

2. Setting keyboard illumination to level 25%
cctk.exe --token=0x02EA

3. Setting keyboard illumination to level 50%
cctk.exe --token=0x02EB

4. Setting keyboard illumination to level 75%
cctk.exe --token=0x02EC

5. Setting keyboard illumination to level 100%
cctk.exe --token=0x02F6

Let me know if you need something else that isn't specified above.

Thanks,

Warren"
Thanks that works. The Token option is undocumented in the current version and is very cryptic unlike most of the other options.

1.1K Posts

June 7th, 2011 13:00

"Thanks that works. The Token option is undocumented in the current version and is very cryptic unlike most of the other options."
Yes, I've requested documentation on all available tokens, especially if they are the only way (currently) to use CCTK to configure certain options.

Thanks!

1.1K Posts

July 28th, 2011 14:00

CCTK 2.0.1 has been released and addresses this issue. You can find it here

http://www.delltechcenter.com/page/Dell+Client+Configuration+Toolkit

18 Posts

July 28th, 2011 15:00

Thanks.

57 Posts

January 30th, 2012 19:00

"Thanks that works. The Token option is undocumented in the current version and is very cryptic unlike most of the other options."

Yes, I've requested documentation on all available tokens, especially if they are the only way (currently) to use CCTK to configure certain options.

Thanks!

This is sort of an old thread but I was curious if the token documentation was ever released?

1.1K Posts

January 31st, 2012 08:00

No, the plan is to ensure that the tools (CCTK, OMCI, etc.) have the tokens properly implemented so that you don't have to use an undocumented token. :)

57 Posts

January 31st, 2012 15:00

Ok, thanks Warren. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed some documentation because I couldn't find this anywhere.

15 Posts

February 14th, 2016 17:00

how to keep keyboard backlight on permenently in LINUX ubuntu

February 14th, 2016 21:00

Hi Stevendonato, 

Please refer this link for installing DCC/CCTK in Linux (RHEL) platforms. 

Keyboard backlight token can be set to enabled by using command "cctk --keyboardillumination=25" for minimum illumination or "cctk --keyboardillumination=100" for the max illumination. 

To get more information on the possible values of this token run command "cctk -h --keyboardillumination"

thanks, 

Karthik.C 

15 Posts

February 15th, 2016 09:00

The question was how to keep the keyboard backlight on permenently. Someone said the only closest thing to this solution was, to somehow set the timer value to 25 min. If this is the only solution how do you do this?

Seems to be an obvious request of users. I do not see how the Dell developers missed this option.

thank you

steve

15 Posts

February 15th, 2016 09:00

And, how to keep the keyboard illuminated permenently?

15 Posts

February 15th, 2016 11:00

liNK POINTS TO WRONG WEBPAGE.  This webpage has to do with diagnostics only and nothing to do with installing the toolkit

February 15th, 2016 20:00

Hi Stevedonato, 

The value 25 is not in minutes, it is denoting the illumination/brightness of the Keyboard Backlight in percentage.

Please use this command to set the Keyboard Backlight to ON permanently "cctk --keyboardillumination=on" 

Earlier link is for installation of CCTK in Rhel OS. 

Installing Dell Command | Configure on systems running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
To install Dell Command | Configure on systems running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 systems using 64-bit RPMs, untar the file, and run the commands in the following order:

1.    rpm -ivh srvadmin-hapi-8.2.0-1650.7979.el7.x86_64.rpm

2.    rpm -ivh command_configure-linux-3.1.0- .el7.x86_64.rpm

Regards,

Karthik.C 

No Events found!