mayurkirti
1 Copper

RE: cctk.exe --tpmactivation=activate does not work on any of my models

"Yes, they had to fix the BIOS on the Dell 980, e6410 and e4310. Hoepfully Warren is watching this thread. I'll email him and let him know.

Thanks,
James"
Testing this on e4310 A06. Does not work for me. Is there any progress on the problem?

Thanks.
0 Kudos

There are several options. Please review the whitepaper and included scripts found here.

http://attachments.wetpaintserv.us/7I5sB3KPCWzE-lLWNNX9bA581116
0 Kudos
p.r..
1 Copper

Hello guys,

i am having the same Problems on my Dell Latitude 6320 and 6520 machines.
if i enter the cctk.exe --tpmactivation=activated in the command line i get the "tpmactivation=activated" message but in the BIOS it is still deactivated.
here is what i tried already
- command during Winpe (CCTK boot CD)
- installed CCTK.msi and entered command in W7x64 OS
- integrated CCTK in SCCM boot image and put the commands during Winpe
- build CCTK Package for SCCM an run commands in Task sequence after OS is applied
- tried Warren´s script with "cscript.exe //nologo SampleTrustedPlatformModuleActivation.vbs localhost" (should localhost work??)
- upgraded BIOS to A06

Setting the BIOS PW and switching on the TPM works.. only the activation seems to work but does not.
Any ideas what else i could try??

best regards

Philipp
0 Kudos
TRLSecurity
1 Nickel

I believe a reboot is required between enabling TPM and the TPM activation task sequence step.

I have had success with enabling TPM, reboot, activating TPM, deploying Windows 7 then initiating a BitLocker encryption on the following Dell models. I am using CCTK 2.0.1:

D630
E6400
E6410

Regards,
Steve

0 Kudos
p.r..
1 Copper

Hi Steve,

i already tried it with rebooting between each step and it did not work.

regards

Philipp
0 Kudos
Nate.Wagenaar
1 Copper

I've found that when using CCTK in WinPE, you need manually install HAPI. The documentation states that this should be installed automatically when running a CCTK command, but I've found better reliability by running a step to specifically do so.

The suggested command line string is:

"HAPI\hapint.exe" -i -k C-C-T-K -p "hapint.exe"

Or you can run the HAPIInstall.bat in the CCTK source files.
0 Kudos
p.r..
1 Copper

Hello Nate,

thanks for your reply. Sadly i got the same results after using the hapint command.
Except of the tpmactivation all other CCTK commands are working. I think without the hapi none of them would work?
Any other ideas?

best regards

Philipp
0 Kudos
Highlighted
JohnSweden1
1 Copper

Experiencing the exact same problem! All CCTK commands work except tpmactivation. If I pause the task sequence right after I've run the activation command and run cctk -- tpmactivation manually it states that it is activated. However, after the next reboot it's not activated.
0 Kudos
Clint11
2 Iron

Can you run CCTK from a batch file and echo out the value of %errorlevel% because that should match an error code in the CCTK user manual that will explain more.

I've had success with this order using CCTK:
1. Update to the latest version of the BIOS that is available
2. Enable TPM
3. Reboot
4. Set BIOS password
5. Activate TPM and specify the BIOS password
6. Reboot

Make sure you don't interrupt the boot sequence when enabling and activating the TPM. In other words, enable/active and reboot and go straight into BIOS set up. Let it boot to the OS. Then reboot and check the BIOS screen.
0 Kudos
romanfaeh
1 Copper

I have the same problem here. CCTK works fine except tpmactivation! I run CCTK (x86, Version 2.0.1) from a batch file inside WinPE. I run the following command:

cctk.exe -i MODEL.cctk

cctk.exe --tpm=on --valsetuppwd=PW

cctk.exe --tpmactivation=activate --valsetuppwd=PW

In the *.cctk file I set some general BIOS settings and also the setup password. The other two command run without an error, but after rebooting the system the TPM is on but not activated. The funny thing is, that the activation works on the Dell Latitude E6410 (A11) but it does not work with these models:

- Latitude E4300 (A24)

- Latitude E6400 (A31)

- Latitude D630 (A17)

Did someone manage to activate the TPM on the models above?

0 Kudos