Therkilt
1 Nickel

RE: cctk.exe --tpmactivation=activate does not work on any of my models

I thought it was working on a 960 but it isn't now A08 BIOS. Works fine on on the 755 as stated above though.

I modified my test .bat file so it will work on either a 32bit or x64 OS:
if exist "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Dell\CCTK\X86_64\cctk.exe" (
cd /d "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Dell\CCTK\X86_64"
) else (
cd /d "%ProgramFiles%\Dell\CCTK\X86"
)
cctk --setuppwd=Password
cctk --tpm=on --valsetuppwd=Password
cctk --tpmactivation=activate --valsetuppwd=Password
cctk --setuppwd= --valsetuppwd=Password

I will have to retest all my machines so I can verify the list of working devices.
0 Kudos
scarneol
1 Nickel

This is crazy!!! I copied your batch file, ran it exactly the same way and it won't activate the TPM. I'm about to loose my mind over this problem. It should be so simple...I must be missing one small piece to the puzzle...but where?
0 Kudos
Therkilt
1 Nickel

"This is crazy!!! I copied your batch file, ran it exactly the same way and it won't activate the TPM. I'm about to loose my mind over this problem. It should be so simple...I must be missing one small piece to the puzzle...but where?"
This is your Optiplex 755 with A17 BIOS correct? Try loading BIOS defaults and activating it manually then clearing the TPM and see if it can set it then? Not sure what else to suggest on that model. If it still doesn't work I could see if we have another spare 755 in the build room that I can verify on to make sure it works on more than this one device for whatever reason.
0 Kudos
Therkilt
1 Nickel

I have re-verified most of the test systems I have at my desk today, here are the results so far...

All of my BIOSs are up-to-date as of a month ago.
Precision M4500 - works
Latitude E6400 - Works
Optiplex 755 - Works
Latitude D820 - Activation not available
Latitude D620 - Activation not available
Optiplex 745 - Works
Optiplex 960 - Fails
Latitude D830 - Works
Precision T5400 - Works

I do recomend running the cctk --tpm=on, rebooting then running the above script since this seems to be required for some of the systems like the D830.
0 Kudos
folikbc
1 Copper

I am having the same situation and have been running the command manually from OS Windows 7 X64 Enterprise and WinPE 3.0.

cctk --setuppwd=pswrd
cctk --tpm=on --valsetuppwd=pswrd
cctk --tpmactivation=activate --valsetuppwd=pswrd
cctk --setuppwd= --valsetuppwd=pswrd

The only luck that I have had has been on a E4200 Bios A13 the TPM will turn on and activate.

My failing units that the TPM will turn on but will not go "active" are 2 E6400 with Bios versions A20 and A26.
Still need to test are E6410, E4310,M6400, and M6500

I have contacted are Dell Rep and will have a Dell System Engineer to help investigate.
0 Kudos
jamesavery1
1 Nickel

I have a ticket opened with Dell to figure out the e6410, e4310 and Optiplex 980. Still waiting to see what happens.
0 Kudos
atxjayhawk
1 Nickel

Please note that if you are testing full deployment on a system multiple times, your test may pass the first time and fail after that. The reason for this is that the remote "Activation" of the TPM can only occur if the TPM does not contain "ownership" information (in addition to the other stipulations that are discussed here). Meaning, if you went through a full BitLocker deployment including taking ownership of the TPM, you will need to clear out that ownership information before running the next test. Is it possible that you are running into this scenario on the failing units?
0 Kudos
jamesavery1
1 Nickel

Good Point. Your correct and I hope people do understand that.

Just an update. Dell has pushed the tickets up to IPS to help resolve as of yesterday.
0 Kudos
ben_cham
1 Copper

Did we hear back from Dell on this one as I have the same issue with a Latitude E5510?
0 Kudos
jamesavery1
1 Nickel

Yes, they had to fix the BIOS on the Dell 980, e6410 and e4310. Hoepfully Warren is watching this thread. I'll email him and let him know.

Thanks,
James
0 Kudos