Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 7th, 2010 09:00

e6510 AO3 Update

How do you handle passing a password to the BIOS upgrade? Ex. Have BIOS passsword set and executing -nopause -noreboot brings up a pssword box

Thanks for any help

8 Posts

August 6th, 2010 09:00

I'm having the same issue. I can't find any documented command line switches except for -nopause and -noreboot. I've tried things like -password=xxxxxx and -password:xxxxxx without any success.

1 Message

September 9th, 2010 08:00

"How do you handle passing a password to the BIOS upgrade? Ex. Have BIOS passsword set and executing -nopause -noreboot brings up a pssword box

Thanks for any help"
Thats my problem too. Nobody any idea?

9 Posts

September 15th, 2010 10:00

There must be a solution for this. I have tried re-packaging the update with the DCCU where you can provide the BIOS password. Unfortunately re-packaging the newer BIOS updates doesn't work.

7 Posts

September 15th, 2010 11:00

I found I had to remove the password using CCTK command line
ex. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\CCTK\X86_64\cctk.exe" --setuppwd= --valsetuppwd=*****

then flash the BIOS
ex. "C:\SOurce\BIOS\e6510\E6510A05.EXE" -nopause -noreboot

then reset BIOS defaults with password, etc.using CCTK with a .ini input file

9 Posts

September 16th, 2010 09:00

"I found I had to remove the password using CCTK command line
ex. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\CCTK\X86_64\cctk.exe" --setuppwd= --valsetuppwd=*****

then flash the BIOS
ex. "C:\SOurce\BIOS\e6510\E6510A05.EXE" -nopause -noreboot

then reset BIOS defaults with password, etc.using CCTK with a .ini input file"
Thank you for the workaround.

Dell developers, please include a password parameter in the original package so we don't have to perform workarounds like this.

How can we make sure this feedback gets escalated to the appropriate person so action is taken?
No Events found!