Highlighted
GaryDArcher
6 Indium

Re: Ask the Expert: All About XtremIO

Thanks — it sounds like just one will be 5U and the rest 6U, what about when you expand to 8 X-Bricks; same form factor?

--

0 Kudos
carric4
6 Indium

Hi, garydarcher

Remember, if you have a physical XMS Management Server, then the first X-Brick would need 7U (Most use virtual so no need for additional 1U). Also as you add bricks you add IB switches (only 2 regardless of brick #s) and Battery Backup Units that change the rack space as well depending on cluster size.

Arindam Paul and Miroslav Klivansky, please feel free to add anything.

0 Kudos
itzikr
6 Indium

Hi Gary, the Building block is always a shelf of 25 eMLC drives with two controllers.

0 Kudos
itzikr
6 Indium

Hi, we fully support PP/VE

0 Kudos
arindam2
6 Indium

When 8 X-Bricks are supported we'll have the same building blocks i.e. 43U. +1 for physical XMS server if you'd like to have that.

0 Kudos
carric4
6 Indium

Re: Re: Ask the Expert: All About XtremIO

Arindam, Itzik or Miroslav,

Someone emailed me person and I want to give the correct answer while adding it to this discussion as well.

This was the question:

Chris,

Can you ask or if you know, can an XtremIO system be part of a VMAX federated external array configuration?

I want to be sure I answer this correctly and give others to view as well. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
arindam2
6 Indium

We are exploring but there is no commitment yet.

0 Kudos
GaryDArcher
6 Indium

It was the VMware reference architecture on their site. Page 8 shows 1.9TB usable capacity, all SSD array, 16x200 MLC SSDs — all different from the GA specs.

http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/techpaper/vmware-view-solution-guide-emc-xtremio.pdf

0 Kudos
arindam2
6 Indium

Here is the updated RA at www.xtremio.com : XtremIO | VMware Horizon View VDI Solution Guide http://www.xtremio.com/vmware-horizon-view-vdi-solution-guide

The RA you mentioned is very old. We will remove it.

0 Kudos
GaryDArcher
6 Indium

Thanks — do you have the link for the latest one?

0 Kudos