Highlighted
jorgembohl
1 Copper

Can i return defective parts to EMC without the RMA number?

The company I work for is partner of EMC. We sell EMC products and when one of these products fail, we make a process in which we ask EMC if the part that failed can be replaced with another one. If it is in warranty, they send us a new part and we have to return the defective part. To return the defective part, the process we use is: we fill a form with information that inlcudes the serial number of the product, the part number, the service request number, the rma number, etc., and then we send the defective part with this form to EMC in Ireland. Right now, I have some defective parts that have already been replaced for good ones, but I have not sent the defective parts to EMC. The problem is that the replacement was done like two years ago and now I cant find the RMA number. So, I am not sure if these defective parts can be returned to EMC with the service request number and all the other information, excluding the RMA number because I cant find it. Is it possible to return a defective part without the RMA or is it necessary to include it?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Phukon
3 Silver

Re: Can i return defective parts to EMC without the RMA number?

Hi,

I see that you have posted another thread with a similar situation (https://community.emc.com/message/504620), since the contributors of this Forum are mostly from Support Background hence we may not have sufficient information on the process. Well, why don't you contact the local Account handler or the EMC rep of your company or maybe you can give a shot by calling CST.

Good Luck

phukon

0 Kudos
ricepower
1 Copper

Re: Can i return defective parts to EMC without the RMA number?

Hi,

Address your query to the Cork Logistics team - logisticsinventoryireland@emc.com . Sure they can find for you the details and guide you in process of returning a part.

Good Luck

Gilbert

0 Kudos