Can anybody provide me the configuration document of EMC replication Manager for Clariion/Symmetrix storage arrays. I don't have access to powerlink.
You can Log in to the Powerlink page and navigate to these sections in the following: (These links are customer viewable)
ECN>Home > Support > Technical Documentation and Advisories > Software ~ P-R ~ Documentation > Replication Manager
ECN>Home > Support > Technical Documentation and Advisories > Hardware/Platforms Documentation >CLARiiON CX4 Series Systems
ECN>Home > Support > Technical Documentation and Advisories > Hardware/Platforms Documentation > Symmetrix VMAX Series
Please let me know the version of Replication Manager you are using at your site.
I am attaching EMC Replication Manager Administration guide for 5.2.3 for your reference
Refer pg 127 for CLARiiON setup
Refer pg 185 for Symmetrix setup
Let me know if you have further questions
Some Best Practices
The Replication Manager Agent component prepares a host machine to create or mount a replica by performing tasks such as quiescing the data before replication. You install the software on the same host where the application software resides.
The following agents are available:
• SQL Server
• Exchange 2000/Exchange 2003
• Exchange 2007/Exchange 2010
• SharePoint 2007
• File system (always installed when one of the agents listed above is installed)
If you using Solaris or AIX for Clariion you may check the following:
On Solaris hosts, make sure the sd.conf file has enough entries to support all dynamic mounts of replica LUNs:
On an AIX host, use PowerPath pseudo devices (for example, rhdiskpower4) when creating a volume group. Do not use native devices in a PPVM volume group. Also update the ODM definitions specific to your AIX release.
You can download the ODM definitions from the following location:
f you are running Windows 2003/SP1 on MSCS attached to Symmetrix storage, use the SPC-2 bit. For detailed information on the SPC-2 bit, and its requirements and restrictions, refer to ETA emc117300 and ETA emc134969.
Windows Server 2008 hosts require the following FA director flag settings to be configured on the Symmetrix:
• Common Serial Number (C)
• Enable Point-to-point (PP)
• Host SCSI Compliance 2007 (OS2007)
• SCSI-3 SPC-2 Compliance (SPC2)
• SCSI-3 compliance (SC3)
• For FC Switch Base Topology (FC-SW), please XOR the following base setting with the specific operating system setting specified in the dir bit setting table: Enable Auto Negotiation (EAN), Point-to-Point (PP), Unique WWN (UWN).
• For FC Loop Base Topology (FC-AL), please XOR the following base setting with the specific operating system setting specified in the dir bit setting table: Enable Auto Negotiation (EAN) and Unique World Wide Name (UWN) 188 EMC Replication Manager Administrator’s Guide Symmetrix Array Setup Additionally for Windows 2008 Failover Cluster, the Persistent Reservation attribute SCSI3_persist_reserv must be enabled on each Symmetrix DMX™ device accessed by Windows Server 2008.
I get this error when I try to run a job. Which was working fine. till we changed the vcenter
But the ESXi servers in the vcenter can see all the luns., I also saw a kb article but that didn't help, because there are multiple luns in this ESX server.