Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

April 30th, 2010 07:00

EMC Replication Manager

Hello Everyone,

Can anybody provide me the configuration document of EMC replication Manager for Clariion/Symmetrix storage arrays. I don't have access to powerlink.

Regards

Bharath

337 Posts

May 25th, 2010 11:00

Hello Bharath,

You can Log in to the Powerlink page and navigate to these sections in the following: (These links are customer viewable)

ECN>Home > Support > Technical Documentation and Advisories > Software ~ P-R ~ Documentation > Replication Manager
ECN>Home > Support > Technical Documentation and Advisories > Hardware/Platforms Documentation >CLARiiON CX4 Series Systems
ECN>Home > Support > Technical Documentation and Advisories > Hardware/Platforms Documentation > Symmetrix VMAX Series

Regards,

Bashan

337 Posts

June 7th, 2010 06:00

June 7th, 2010 10:00

Please find a copy of RM Guide uploaded on ftp://ftp.emc.com/incoming/RM/

Hope this is helpul

Regards

Mansoor

June 7th, 2010 10:00

Hi Bharath,

Please let me know the version of Replication Manager you are using at your site.

I am attaching EMC Replication Manager Administration guide for 5.2.3 for your reference

Refer pg 127 for CLARiiON setup

Refer pg 185 for Symmetrix setup

Let me know if you have further questions

Regards

Mansoor

337 Posts

June 7th, 2010 22:00

Some Best Practices

The Replication Manager Agent component prepares a host machine to create or mount a replica by performing tasks such as quiescing the data before replication. You install the software on the same host where the application software resides.

The following agents are available:

• Oracle
     • UDB
     • SQL Server
     • Exchange 2000/Exchange 2003
     • Exchange 2007/Exchange 2010
     • SharePoint 2007
     • File system (always installed when one of the agents listed above is installed)

If you using Solaris or AIX for Clariion you may check the following:

On Solaris hosts, make sure the sd.conf file has enough entries to support all dynamic mounts of replica LUNs:

• Refer to the documentation for your host bus adapter for more information about how to modify your sd.conf files.
  • Restart each client after making any changes to the sd.conf file.

On an AIX host, use PowerPath pseudo devices (for example, rhdiskpower4) when creating a volume group. Do not use native devices in a PPVM volume group. Also update the ODM definitions specific to your AIX release.

You can download the ODM definitions from the following location:
ftp://ftp.EMC.com/pub/elab/aix/ODM_DEFINITIONS/

f you are running Windows 2003/SP1 on MSCS attached to Symmetrix storage, use the SPC-2 bit. For detailed information on the SPC-2 bit, and its requirements and restrictions, refer to ETA emc117300 and ETA emc134969.

Windows Server 2008 hosts require the following FA director flag settings to be configured on the Symmetrix:
• Common Serial Number (C)
• Enable Point-to-point (PP)
• Host SCSI Compliance 2007 (OS2007)
• SCSI-3 SPC-2 Compliance (SPC2)
• SCSI-3 compliance (SC3)
• For FC Switch Base Topology (FC-SW), please XOR the following base setting with the specific operating system setting specified in the dir bit setting table: Enable Auto Negotiation (EAN), Point-to-Point (PP), Unique WWN (UWN).
• For FC Loop Base Topology (FC-AL), please XOR the following base setting with the specific operating system setting specified in the dir bit setting table: Enable Auto Negotiation (EAN) and Unique World Wide Name (UWN) 188 EMC Replication Manager Administrator’s Guide Symmetrix Array Setup Additionally for Windows 2008 Failover Cluster, the Persistent Reservation attribute SCSI3_persist_reserv must be enabled on each Symmetrix DMX™ device accessed by Windows Server 2008.

January 27th, 2017 12:00

11.JPG.jpg

I get this error when I try to run a job. Which was working fine. till we changed the vcenter

But the ESXi servers in the vcenter can see all the luns., I also saw a kb article but that didn't help, because there are multiple luns in this ESX server.

No Events found!