Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 18th, 2007 20:00

EMC support matrix (ESM). I no longer understand it!

Ok am I just a moron or is the ESM now much harder to use than the old pdf? I've been attempting to do some research on Sun/Solaris 8, Veritas Cluster. And also non cluster w/Veritas Enterprise for Oracle (i.e., vxfs and vxvm). PowerPath in both searches. The ESM navigator Tutorial dies because it can't find the page. The supposed to be "full matrix" does not include support for DMX series 2. The Advanced query does not support Solaris 8. When I go and get the "Sun Matrix" or the "Solaris matrix" there is no Veritas. I'm very frustrated! It used to be (before the elab thing) that I could just download the real, full matrix and search it. Ok so it took me an hour to find everything I needed. I've just spent about 6 hours and I still don't have an answer! Is this me or is there a problem here? So they are not the most modern systems, does anyone understand legacy?

141 Posts

July 18th, 2007 21:00

Hi Bruce,

Did you try the "Software Support Wizard" on the Wizards tab...

I'm not sure exactly what you are after, but for instance, you can select

1. Powerpath / all versions.
2. Select Sun / Solaris 8
3. Click on "Cluster Software" the results panel and you get a list of supported versions of Solaris / VCS / Powerpath / VxVM / Storage Array combinations...

Is that the kind of thing you were after ??

You can also download the old style matricies on the PDF and Guides tab if that is more to your liking...

Take a look at the wizard and let us know how you get on..

Glen.

50 Posts

July 19th, 2007 07:00

Actually you have to pick a PP release but it did get me what I needed. I'm a bit frustrated that I can't get the Old matrix. You can download what is supposed to be the good old matrix but if you look under dmx2, it tells you to look at elab navigator. Also the Advanced query does not include Solaris 8 so it does me no good. Thanks for the tip, but I really spend a lot more time finding things now than when the good old matrix was available.

50 Posts

July 20th, 2007 06:00

Thanks for your help. I am slowly finding everything but it was actually easier when we had one place to look. I guess I'm spoiled, the ESM is possibly the best tool EMC ever came up with. I can't get anything like this from any other vendor.
No Events found!