dkakljkml
1 Nickel

Re: How to migrate a cluster windows 2003 with EMC OM

No, i didnt configure the quorum drive . As I was making sure everything come up good on the active node . once thats done was  going to configure the quorum drive and as well recreate the resouce group.

0 Kudos
etaljic81
3 Zinc

Run powermt display dev=all to make sure that the data resides on the new array. If you are testing the failover to another host the quorum drive will be moved as well. You need to move the quorum drive to the new array as well. If the quorum drive is not on the new SAN the cluster will go down once you remove the old array.

Tio migrate the quorum drive go to: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280353

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dkakljkml
1 Nickel

Whats the scenario , if we have removed all the data disk and quorum from the old san , with passive node down , do this this will still cause the data be not accesable on the new san we have migrated to on the active node.

0 Kudos
etaljic81
3 Zinc

If the data definitely lives on the new array, including data and quorum LUNs, removing the old SAN should not cause any issues. Make sure that both hosts, active and passive, are logged in and registered on the new array and see the same LUNs.

0 Kudos
dkakljkml
1 Nickel

what  happens , if i remove the data and quorum disk from old san just on the active cluster , with passive completely shut down. Do this still cause the data not accessible on the active node ( with quorum not yet configured & passive node is down).

0 Kudos
etaljic81
3 Zinc

No it doesn't. If you are performing those actions while the passive node is down the active node will remain online as long as you verified that all storage has been migrated to the new array.

0 Kudos