Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 30th, 2010 16:00

Newbie Help - EMC2 X1E+

Help!  I've inherited an EMC2 X1E+ system that I would like to bring online with one of our development Windows 2008 R2 Hyper-V servers which has an Emulex LPe1150 card.  I have a part number of 005048494 and that is it.  I am familiar with the IBM TotalStorage SANs and have a few of those (DS400s) in production.

I can't seem to find any information on the EMC Power Connect website or anywhere else for that matter.  If I can just find any documentation on how to factory reset the unit and go through a full, new setup that would be great.

7 Posts

October 5th, 2010 11:00

Nope, I’m still stuck at the Powerlink “Lite” access level even though I’ve requested normal access.

Thanks,

James

337 Posts

October 5th, 2010 13:00

Hi James,

Have you refered to primus emc116045?

It has the details of "how to" access in the powerlink.

Regards

phukon

7 Posts

October 6th, 2010 06:00

No, I haven’t seen this on my dashboard at the PowerLink site. Is this a document on the PowerLink site?

Thanks,

James

7 Posts

October 11th, 2010 08:00

Still no luck with being able to do anything with this device.  It appears to be a Dell /EMC unit with a model number of DL300.  I've connected a serial cable to the unit while booting, and see that it is an Intel based 800 mHz processor with 1 GB of PC2100 RAM for each of the controllers, but cannot find any configuration mdocumention.

Seems a shame to relagate this to the trash pile when the storage would be great for our test environment.

7 Posts

October 22nd, 2010 13:00

I finally found an obscure thread on a late night Google safari that made mention of creating a PPP connection to one of the SPs serial ports.  I had been stubmling around with just a normal putty session to the serial port without luck.

Anyway, after creating a PPP connection on that serial port with a username of clarrion and a password of clarrion!, you can then open a web browsers to http://192.168.1.1/setup (for SPA) and configure the default IP address.

Whew, I am now happily working on setting up the unit with our ESXi and Hyper-V servers to migrate our VM storage over to the device.

7 Posts

October 22nd, 2010 13:00

See my last post for the way to access a unit with an unknown set of IP addresses

1 Message

December 19th, 2013 15:00

Can you please email me these pdfs? I do not seem to have access to them

No Events found!