Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 30th, 2012 06:00

support.emc.com...

People,

I find the speed/performance of the support.emc.com a great improvement over Powerlink.

and I love the landing page, with "my products"... but...

If i want to lookup new Brocade Firmware, there's no list of latest/greatest... only a mixture or FW topics...

also, finding release notes for a code is a DRAMA...

what do you think?

or is it just me?

happy to hear from community people!

5.7K Posts

August 31st, 2012 03:00

No way. Powerlink was very good. Sometimes you needed to look inside several pull down menus, ok, but still a hell of a lot better than most websites of other vendors!!

1.4K Posts

As leclej1 mentioned,

The goal is that by the end of the year that the features and content found under the Support navigaiton on Powerlink will be tranisitoned off and available solely through the new Online Support experience.

I'll be honest here, I myself is finding it difficult to find certain documents when I want and I end up using powerlink as I know exactly where to find them. My tenure with EMC is not much and I just started getting familir with powerlink and as I got familiar it got changed to support.emc.com :|

I am taking this nice GUI experience positively and hoping it would replace powerlink in near future. Moreover, dynamic search will be enhanced considering user requirements and more sections to follow!

With time permitting, I would request you provide us a feedback here: https://support.emc.com/feedback If you come across a document which is difficult to find or may be there are any challenges in finding the same, if any.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

i did bring it up here, not sure if you saw that discussion ..i think you were on vacation.

https://community.emc.com/thread/146268?start=0&tstart=0

29 Posts

same here, despite the fact that some customers said:

powerlink, where information get lost...

5.7K Posts

Menno,

EMC is working on this. URL forwardings are yet to be implemented. Don’t worry, there’s a huge list of these pages that need to be put on the new site, but thanks for mentioning this!

Furthermore, if you’re interested in storage performance, go and see my topic in the Ask the Expert area: https://community.emc.com/thread/148025

5.7K Posts

Will this session be moved to another area and reopened again for further discussion?

5.7K Posts

Dynamox, you are correct, as always but you’ve got to admit that the search is awesome!

Menno, you are right. I tried to find release notes on the latest Enginuity for V-MAX and it’s not easy.

Dynamox, we can bring this to the attention of the eservices team, can’t we?

29 Posts

Hmm, the other tread is locked/closed.

but i see your posts...

we all love the speed of the new site, but the documents section is still very bad...

again a brocade example (but same for Vmax code)

versions are mixed, not easy to find Release Notes, maybe I was to familliar with Powerlink... ;-)

5.7K Posts

Do a search on “release notes” and you should be able to find them: https://support.emc.com/search/?text=release%20notes&facetProductId=7868

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

I was very familiar with PowerLink as well but I would expect improvement from the new site, for me it’s regressed.

1.4K Posts

Ask the Expert Session about New Online Support with EMC Support Session was concluded and thread is locked as scheduled.

29 Posts

Thanks Dynamox and RRR,

I will write down my findings in the other thread...

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

i agree, while the search has improved ..everything else has become a struggle. I used to know where to go on PowerLink to look for documents, release notes. Now i am at the mercy if this dynamic menu where i can't find jack. I gave up on that and try to search as much as possible.

5.7K Posts

August 30th, 2012 07:00

Indeed. I was on vacation at the time. I attended the CC meeting, but I was hardly online for Jay's session.

1.4K Posts

August 30th, 2012 07:00

Thank you

No Events found!