Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2015 02:00

2 disks with errors, replace

Good Morning.

In our corporate MATRIX (EqualLogic PS6100E) 2 disks has broke down, model MK2001TRKB. We have 12 disks (same model) in RAID 50. I know that the disks are no longer on sale. Could you advise me on what disks (which model) can I change the damaged disks to fully recover my RAID? It has DEGRADED status now.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

Best Regards,

Wojciech

November 9th, 2015 07:00

Hello,

Did you called support to ask for help?

If it's Degraded, please do the backup first.

If we are talking about customer's data, forum is not a good way to get proper troubleshooting:)

As per compatibility matrix, I see your drive is 3.5" / 2TB / 7.2K.

Same model is MG03SCA200.

Please keep in mind, that I'm not sure about your situation with data consistency/ backups so my text is for reference only.

November 9th, 2015 07:00

Hello,

Did you called support to ask for help?

If it's Degraded, please do the backup first.

If we are talking about customer's data, forum is not a good way to get proper troubleshooting:)

As per compatibility matrix, I see your drive is 3.5" / 2TB / 7.2K.

Same model is MG03SCA200.

Please keep in mind, that I'm not sure about your situation with data consistency/ backups so my text is for reference only.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 9th, 2015 08:00

Hello,

It sounds like this unit is no longer under support contract?    You can not use regular drives in a 6100.  The drives must have the Dell/EQL firmware.  So you would either need to get the unit back under contract or buy used Dell/EQL drives on the internet.  

Regards,

Don

No Events found!