Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 5th, 2014 12:00

ASM and SAN HQ Issues

Hi,

I am encountering a couple of issues in ASM 4.6 and SAN HQ 3.0. 

SAN HQ 3.0:
I get email alerts saying that the network connectivity has failed even though there are no issues with network connectivity.  The message is below:

• [ID: 14.2] Unable to establish connection.
  • The SAN HQ server issued SNMP requests at the group, some or all of which failed.  This condition is likely due to network congestion or failed network connectivity.  The server will retry within 60 seconds.  Check your network connectivity and check that the storage group is online.  If the problem persists, contact your Dell support provider for assistance.

ASM 4.6:
For some reason when ASM is refreshing the host, it never completes with one of the hosts (in a cluster).  It stays stuck at Discovering Cluster Connectivity and I don't understand why.  I'm also getting email alerts saying that the Smart Snapshots have failed. 

Can someone please help?

Thank you.

4 Operator

• 

1.7K Posts

June 18th, 2014 03:00

There is SANHQ 3.0.1 available from eqlsupport.dell.com/.../download.aspx

From the release notes:

Items Fixed in SAN HQ Version 3.0.1

The following issue has been fixed in the SAN Headquarters version 3.0.1 maintenance release:

Previously, after upgrading to SAN HQ 3.0, the SAN HQ server might not connect to groups running firmware version 7 and higher, and SAN HQ issued an alert (SAN HQ Event ID: 14.2) stating that some or all SNMP requests at the group failed.

This condition is resolved.

4 Operator

• 

1.7K Posts

March 5th, 2014 12:00

Welcome to the club.

We are facing the same issue after upgrading to SANHQ 3.0. We get these messages 2-3 times per day.(not every day).

Every 24-36h it goes worst and SANHQ lost contact to our 2nd EQL group. We need to restart the EQLperf service to get it working again. A [tag:SR] is pending.

Regards,

Joerg

24 Posts

March 9th, 2014 19:00

Yep, we're seeing the same thing. Only had a couple of these message recently but still interested to see if it's the new version or our network that is the problem

4 Operator

• 

1.7K Posts

March 10th, 2014 10:00

You can try to increase the timeout under Settings->Server Settings-> ICMP Ping timeout to see if this helps.

Regards,

Joerg

32 Posts

April 1st, 2014 08:00

Same issue for us, I am trying Joerg's suggestion (increasing ping timeout from 2 to 4 seconds)

4 Operator

• 

1.7K Posts

April 1st, 2014 09:00

@rb51,

maybe you can open an #SR because as more ppl complaining about the issue it will fix faster. Otherwise you can omit the notification for that specific event.

Regards,

Joerg

32 Posts

April 9th, 2014 07:00

@Joerg

Workaround did not work for us.

I am logging a [tag:SR] today as suggested.

Thanks again, ric

1 Message

April 10th, 2014 15:00

Getting the same error after upgrading to SANHQ 3.0

[ID: 14.2] Unable to establish connection.

The SAN HQ server issued SNMP requests at the group, some or all of which failed.  This condition is likely due to network congestion or failed network connectivity.  The server will retry within 60 seconds.  Check your network connectivity and check that the storage group is online.  If the problem persists, contact your Dell support provider for assistance.

SR opened with Dell, working through compatibility checklist - Network switches, NIC's, etc.

9 Posts

April 20th, 2014 02:00

having the exactly same problem here, staying with [tag:SR] hopefully it will be sorted soon...

4 Operator

• 

1.7K Posts

April 23rd, 2014 09:00

Hi,

got Feedback from Dell Support:

"An update to the 3rd-Party library used in SAN-HQ 3.0 has been seen as the root-cause of the events and threshold discrepancy.

A fix is being actively worked for the next release of SAN-HQ, with the workaround in use until that point in time."

Regards,

Joerg

294 Posts

April 23rd, 2014 10:00

Thank you very much, Joerg!

4 Operator

• 

1.7K Posts

April 25th, 2014 14:00

You can disable the notification about this event. Restart of the service is needed than. Support told me that there is no schedule yet for the next version.

Regards,

Joerg

58 Posts

April 25th, 2014 14:00

We get these too.  All hours of the day.  Set timeout to 60 seconds and still happens.

58 Posts

May 15th, 2014 12:00

We went thru all SNMP items and checked off weeks ago, wanna explain exact location?

June 10th, 2014 06:00

Do any of you have one of the SR #'s that's been opened?  I want to piggy back on it with our Dell account.  

No Events found!