Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 25th, 2011 14:00

ATTO for benchmarking?

We have an Equallogic PS4000 on clustered R710 Poweredge servers running Windows 2008 R2 SP1 Core.   2 iScsi connections per server going to a pair of stacked 6224 switches.  When using ATTO to try and get an idea of disk performance to the SAN (testing directly from the host Core server to the Quorum drive and also from a VM to a fixed sized drive on the CSV), we're seeing good write speeds (about 170MB/s) but starting at 128 transfer size, the Read speeds drop to about 8 - 15MB/s and stay that way until the end of the test (8192 transfer size).  Is ATTO a good benchmark....am I seeing valid results?   If so...what should I be checking to resolve this?

7 Technologist

• 

729 Posts

February 26th, 2011 06:00

Brucefan, Hi I'm Joe with Dell EqualLogic. I am not familiar with ATTO, so I can't comment if this is normal for this test or not. We usually use IOmeter for our testing. You can download the tool for free from www.iometer.org, and use the following link for instruction on the test we use. http://bit.ly/gPfvnq Regards, Joe

16 Posts

February 28th, 2011 07:00

Results look good using IOMeter so I guess we're ok.  Just making sure before rolling this out to production.  Thanks.

No Events found!