Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 26th, 2012 00:00

Can't install/upgrade to SAN HQ v2.5 - Unexpected error -

I get this error after I tried upgrading and doing a fresh install of SAN HQ v2.5 on my SAN HQ server; but have no problem installing SAN HQ v2.2  The install seems to work fine, and when I try to open the SAN HQ client I receive the above error.

I just built a new server and installed the new SAN HQ Server v2.5, and right when it finishes installing, I get the same above error.

Running Server 2008 R2.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

9 Posts

January 3rd, 2013 13:00

Crowlaw, can you verify if your systems are configured for FIPS compliancy?  The easiest way to check this is to look at this registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\FipsAlgorithmPolicy\Enabled

If this entry is set to 1 then I would recommend you try temporarily changing it to 0 to see if that lets you launch the SANHQ Client.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 26th, 2012 02:00

Do you have NET 4.5 installed?   If so remove that and install NET 4.0 and try again.

9 Posts

December 26th, 2012 03:00

No, I only have NET 4.0 installed.  I first tried the upgrade on my original SAN HQ  server, and received the error above.  I then tried to unintall and reinstall; installing 2.5 on a fresh copy, received the same error.

So just for fun, I built a new server today from scratch; Server 2008 R2.  Imediatly after adding it to the domain, I installed SAN HQ 2.5, the install went through, and when it tried to automactilly open SAN HQ client, I got the same error, which really supprised me.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 26th, 2012 08:00

What version of Java is installed?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 26th, 2012 09:00

Is the EQLXPerf service running as a local service account?    Was the new server added to the domain?

9 Posts

December 26th, 2012 18:00

I am running Java 7 update 9

9 Posts

December 26th, 2012 19:00

I tried Java 6 Update 31, 36, 37; still no luck, getting the exact same error as above.  

I appreciate all the tips everybody, keep them coming and lets see if we can solve this one together.  I am out here in Afghanistan right now, so I have all the time in the world to try to fix this issue.

Thanks again for the help.

9 Posts

Yes, EQLXPerf service  is running as a local service.  The newer server was added to the domain first before SAN HQ 2.5 was installed.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

I would first suggest trying uninstalling Java7 and install Java 6 Update 36

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 28th, 2012 04:00

Change EQLPERF to run as a domain user that has access to the SANHQ share.  Also make sure port 8000 is open.  You might try disabling the FW to make sure it's not blocking the SSL connection

9 Posts

January 1st, 2013 00:00

I tried to run the EQLPERF as a domain user that has access, still no luck.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 1st, 2013 04:00

OK, one more thing to try.  Remove the SANHQ info from the registry on the server you did the upgrade on.

So first uninstall SANHQ, then try:

- First Try to remove the SANHQ folder

- Go to folder:

C:\Cygwin\buildarea\Profile__DDD_MMM_##_20##_HH_MM_SS_TIMEZONE \

NOTE:  The folder Cygwin may not exist (one customer had SANHQ installed in this dir tree) and folder  Profile__DDD_MMM_##_20##_HH_MM_SS_TIMEZONE  will look like

(example):  Profile__Wed_Oct_19_2011_13_00_09_EDT

and/or  

C:\Program Files\EqualLogic

- Check to see if there exists a “SAN HQ” folder and if so, removed it and all the files

- Then run the uninstaller to remove SANHQ from the install inventory list

- Proceed to remove the SANHQ key from the registry

NOTE: Please use extreme caution when you use it to change registry values.

Missing or incorrect values in the registry can make the Windows installation unusable. To be safe, first back up the Registry.or use the export facility of

Regedit to make a copy of the Registry key . Keep in mind that Regedit has no Undo function.

- click Start -> Run -> execut regedit

In the Registry Editor, expand My Computer -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> EqualLogic

Click on PerformanceMonitor

Right click in the left column on folder PerformanceMonitor, and select delete (or rename it)

- Now try reinstalling SANHQ

9 Posts

January 3rd, 2013 04:00

Don,

I removed everything that even mentioned SAN HQ in the registry; and folders; reinstalled, still got the same problem.

Now my question is, what program installs the path C:\Cygwin\buildarea   , as my old server I tried to upgrade and the new server that I did a fresh install did not have the Cygwin path that the error refers to?

1 Message

January 3rd, 2013 11:00

I ran into this exact same issue.  Ended up renaming the 'Equallogic' folder (or you can delete) under program files and also the Registry folder.  After this I attempted a re-install and was able to get past the prompt.  If you have a case open with EQL I might be able to dig up a case# to reference for you.

2 Posts

January 25th, 2013 10:00

From what I heard last Dec. SanHQ is not fully qualified with .NET 4.5.

You'll have to uninstall again and also from the registry as you did before and then install .NET 4.0.

Thanks,

CAman

No Events found!