Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

September 12th, 2013 08:00

Change SAN HQ Polling Interval

How can the polling interval for SAN Headquarters be changed?  Ours is polling every 25 minutes which isn't discrete enough for our needs.  Thank you!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 12th, 2013 09:00

Hello,

The polling time can't be manually adjusted.  It starts at two minutes but gets adjusted based on the conditions in the SAN.  So very busy SANs or limited connectivity to the arrays from SANHQ server will increase the interval.

From the SANHQ manual:

SNMP Polling

The SNMP polling interval is designed to minimize the impact of SANHQ on the performance of the groups being monitored. If the SNMP poll is unable to return a full set of data during the default two-minute interval, the Monitor Service will automatically adjust the polling frequency to ensure the data can be collected.

Regards,

19 Posts

June 26th, 2015 13:00

hi how to change the  polling interval in san hq manually? even if i close the SAN HQ will i be getting the email notification? which means service will be still running even if i close the SAN HQ?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 26th, 2015 20:00

You can't change the polling interval that SANHQ uses.  

The client does not stop the SANHQ server from running.  You can run multiple copies of the SANHQ client on different systems.   Alerts, e-mails, polling are all done by the SANHQ server service.  As long as the SANHQ server is running it will work.    The GUI portion has nothing to do with gathering data or alerting.

No Events found!