Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 15th, 2017 00:00

DELL Equallogic 6110. The RAID set lost blocks.

Hello all,

We`ve out of support 4 Dell Equallogic arrays (2x4110, 2x6110). We have of course problems with C2F modules on 6110, but this is not a problem that I face right now.

We`ve have on group with all arrays, Pool1 with volumes is on one PS4110 and PS6110, next PS4110 and  PS6110 is Pool2.

I`ve set SyncRep between Pools on one test volume, but I`ve made restart of one controller on a arrays which is receiving SyncRep Volume. It cause diffrent then usual restart of array, after one minute CLI it says that array is not configured. I was wating on status change about 5 min but with no change was visible in CLI, then I decided to restart again opne of the controller, Array back to life but I receive that I`ve RAID set lost blocks.

There is no volume on that array in group because I`ve stop canceled SyncRep between pools.

I`ve no clue how to repair "RAID set lost block" issue without any volume on it?

Anyone? :)

There is no data lost in this case. This was test Syncrep prepared nad as I see this was good decision :)

Thanks in advance in any answer.

December 21st, 2017 05:00

Anyone could help?

I noticed that I have on arrays in POOL2 some space taken for a volume that I dont see in Volumes.

Please help.

Mark

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Hello Mark, 

You can open a one time support call for a fee.   They can help you with the lost blocks issue.  

re: Volume space.  Did you delete a volume recently?  If so, check the recycle-bin in the EQL GUI.  It's likely there.  

Regards,

Don 

Hello Don,

Yes I found Volume which I set SyncRep and as I wrote stooped cause of controller restart. Could I delete it and RAID lost block issue will be solved?

Regards,

Mark

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 21st, 2017 06:00

Hello Mark, 

Without more diagnostic information I can't answer that question. It depends on if the lost blocks are solely restricted to that volume or not. 

Don 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 26th, 2017 12:00

Hello, 

You are very welcome.  Glad I could help. 

It's not that they are independent of each other.  It depends on if the block is associated with a volume, free space, replica, snapshot,or part of the internal elements of the array.   If the block was unallocated then a RAID level command would be required to resolve it.  

Regards,

Don 

December 26th, 2017 12:00

Hello Don,

After purging recycle bin with deleted volumes, the error subsided, I understand that the RAID structure on the array is independent of errors on volumes.

Thank you very much Don for help, sometimes small tips makes big things :)

No Events found!