Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

April 18th, 2008 00:00

Does Dell EqualLogic PS5000 configuration support by HP switch?

Hello i'm new here...

i want to know that if delll shared storage support the HP switch 1800-24G configuration?

9.3K Posts

April 21st, 2008 14:00

Check the Equallogic site.

They'll support most switches from what I've seen, however, the ones they seem to talk a lot about are the Cisco 2970 and 3750 when reading their documentation.

1 Message

April 21st, 2008 17:00

We don't recommend you use the Procurve 1800 with Dell-Eq iSCSI.

However, we have had customers use the Procurve 2824 and 2848 switches with success, as a midrange Layer-2 switch.

Solution Title: HP Procurve 2824, 2848 switches

Solution DetailsP: HP recommends you don't concurrently enable jumbos and flowcontrol with this switch. With iSCSI, flowcontrol is far more important than jumbos.

There was a flowcontrol issue resolved in HP's f/w version I.08.61, however, they have addressed a great deal of other issues since then, so you probably should ensure you are at a recent vintage, and if not at the latest, review their release notes to ensure any newer fixes aren't important to you.

Another setting we recommend if you are not using qos, is to enable qos-passthrough-mode. This will provide more buffers for iSCSI traffic, which are important to provide the best thruput.

Support HP Procurve 2848 1# config
Support HP Procurve 2848 1(config)# qos-passthrough-mode one-queue
Support HP Procurve 2848 1(config)# exit
Support HP Procurve 2848 1# write memory
Support HP Procurve 2848 1# exit

The "one-queue" option may not be available depending on the firmware version on the switch, if not consider using "enable". Note that this change will require a restart of the switch, which will take at least two minutes. Do it only during a maintenance window.

Lastly, we recommend you do NOT use the Layer-3 capability for iSCSI traffic.

This switch is a very good value for customers who need a mid-range switch.

No Events found!