Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 27th, 2015 08:00

Error Messages (SNMP) from San HQ (PS6500)

I often get randomly some warning messages from SAN HQ :

•  [ID: 1.15] Warning:  An incompatibility has been detected between the version of SupportAssist installed on the group and the version available in SAN Headquarters.  Re-configuring SupportAssist for the group is required to resume SupportAssist data collection.
    • ID: 3.4] Caution: Some SNMP requests for controller information timed out. The number of controllers reported for member EQL6500-01 might not be accurate.

•  [ID: 14.2] Unable to establish connection.The SAN HQ server issued SNMP requests at the group, some or all of which failed.  This condition is likely due to network congestion or failed network connectivity.  The server will retry within 60 seconds.  Check your network connectivity and check that the storage group is online.  If the problem persists, contact your Dell support provider for assistance.

We have just in Storage PS6500 Type 7 with Firmware Version V7.0.9 (R40081)

The San HQ Version is 3.0.2.7457

But normally both is working fine. We are also monitoring the storage via SNMP (PRTG Monitor) and it works good so far. 

Could this connection problems happen if there is a lot of IOPS cause of Backup Tasks. Because we receive this error message often during the night,

if you need any help or further information, just let me know.

kind regards 

Thomas

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 27th, 2015 09:00

Hello Thomas,

The first error means you need to re-register that member under the Support Assist Menu.  A small program is installed by SANHQ on each member when you do the register.  

It is possible that when the array is very busy that SNMP transfers can be impacted.  It's also could be related to using multiple monitoring systems that both pull SNMP data.  

I would also suggest upgrading to 7.1.5 firmware.

Regards,

Don

No Events found!