Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 1st, 2015 06:00

FS7610 and Access Based Enumeration

Has anyone had any luck getting Access Based Enumeration working with Dell's FS series of NAS devices?  I enabled it in the CLI for our FS7610.  But it doesn't work.  I still see folders that I don't have read-access to.  ABE is a feature that Dell advertises in it's literature for the FS7610 and FS7600.

49 Posts

July 1st, 2015 11:00

Don - we are on firmware version 3.0.940120

I have a support case for another issue with the FS, and today I added this issue to that case, but in my experience so far, it has been difficult to find someone at Dell that has hands on experience with anything software related with these devices.  I was hoping to find someone here with hands on experience with this.

The FS7610 that we have will hopefully be replaced two Windows file servers that we have.  We are a fairly large organization so yes, we use multiple security groups.  If you're referring to Active Directory security groups.  Or are you referring to local security groups on the FS?  I'm also curious what you mean by "primary" security group.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 1st, 2015 11:00

Hello John,

What version of FS firmware are you running?

Are you using multiple security groups?   The Primary security group is what gets referenced for ABE.  I suspect that might be your issue.

If you still have issues, I would suggest opening a support case so they can review the configuration and logs.

Regards,

Don

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 2nd, 2015 14:00

It applies to ether AD or local accounts.   In either you have a default or primary group that a user belongs to.  ABE and Quotas use that value.  

No Events found!