Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

December 19th, 2019 14:00

How can I access the data in a Volume replica without access to the source?

Hi

I am trying to access data thats supposed to be on a PS4100E in a DR location. The person that set this replication left no notes on how this was configured and had nothing by way of DR documentation that we can access.

When I look at this DR_SAN via Group Manager, I see a Replication Partner of BadSAN. Drilling down I see 0's for total volumes replicated under each inbound/outbound category. The only interesting part is in "Inbound Replicas" where I can see Delegated Space Distribution that says there 13TB total, Volumes replicated: 0. Then if I manage the delegated space I see there "Total delegated space: 13TB" and lists "Free delegated space: 13TB" ...

This seems "bad". These are things I would expect to see if this replica had never started. Is there data here? I was expecting at least a TB of data here based on what I told in the past.

Am I somehow going about this the wrong way?

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

December 19th, 2019 15:00

Hello, 

From what you describe the partnership between the two groups was created but no volumes were configured to replicate.   The GUI would show you the volume name from the source and the number of replicas saved. 

If you did have some replicas, in order to access them you can either CLONE or PROMOTE one.  If you have enough space, CLONE is best option.  It allows you to see the data and allow replication to continue.  If you want to PROMOTE a replica then replication for that volume must be paused first. 

Regards, 

Don 

No Events found!